Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:27:07 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Pontoon Boat Redux

Started by Neon, March 31, 2019, 03:04:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Neon

Husband and I bought a 1997 pontoon boat and plan on redoing it.  The side arm rests/sides look like they can be salvaged.  The seat backs are screwed in.  The seat cushions are in bad shape and appear to just set into the frame.  Shouldn't there be snaps or something to secure them?  None of the cushions have piping so I'm thinking I'm not the first to redo them.  What do you recommend to keep the seats from popping out during travel or high winds on the water if no one is sitting in them?  Couple of other questions; What sources of marine vinyl do you use, Is $15 a yard too cheap or $25 too expensive?  Both prices represent vinyl that is 30-32 ounces per yard.  Thank you very much for any advice you can give us. 

RiCat

Hello. Dealing with the cushion sections, a lot of time the cushions have a hinge on the front to be able to pull the cushion up to access storage and keep it in place. Then there is usually a pull strap at the back to pull up the cushion section. I have also seen heavy velcro used to hold a cushion section in place. As far as vinyl, myself, I am a proponent of Spradling Softside marine vinyls. If quilted pleated vinyl is to be used, then a matching plain vinyl in the same line would be used. Hope it works out for you..
Regards
Rick 

Neon