Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:47:27 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

In case you haven't heard

Started by MinUph, March 12, 2019, 06:53:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MinUph

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

sofadoc

Robert Allen stopped servicing my books years ago, so my account went dormant. In the 80's and 90's, I probably bought $500-$1000 a month from them. They gradually began ferreting out all the small shops. I guess we see now how that worked out for them.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

Retailpocolypse.

On their official web site:

Q: Why did the Robert Allen Duralee Group file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection?

A: Our inability to timely eliminate certain redundant expenses following our merger and realize other anticipated synergies, along with systemic changes in our industry, have created an exceptionally challenging time for our company.  In response, we decided to take proactive steps to reduce costs, enhance efficiency and streamline our operations.  We are confident that this court-supervised bankruptcy process is the best way to solidify and enhance our financial position.

If they were honest they would say they were greedy bastards who tried to stick too much money in their pockets without properly understanding the risks. Upper management will be making the big bucks throughout the bankruptcy procedure and will have enough for the rest of their lives if the company goes under. The hourly workers are the ones who are getting screwed. As usual.

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

kodydog

You left out overpriced wholesale for a mediocre product. 
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

I never understood why the top execs get their money in a corporate bankruptcy.

At some point, it behooves them to steer the company into giving up.

sofadoc

Quote from: kodydog on March 16, 2019, 06:40:17 am

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went sideways with a Robert Allen rep many years ago.
She began strongly urging me to sell RA fabrics to the customer at my wholesale cost. I informed her that I wasn't interested in becoming a free intern for them. Then on subsequent visits, she kept "accidentally" leaving the wholesale prices in the back of the books. I complained to the head office. They fixed the problem by just no longer calling on my shop.

kodydog

Quote from: sofadoc on March 16, 2019, 08:48:22 am
Quote from: kodydog on March 16, 2019, 06:40:17 am

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went sideways with a Robert Allen rep many years ago.
She began strongly urging me to sell RA fabrics to the customer at my wholesale cost.

Rose had a similar experience with the owner of Greenhouse Fabrics. He threatened to pull his books if more volume was not achieved through our shop. Rose asked him how his company was going to help? Price points? Advertising? Sales? Our volume stayed the same, he never pulled the books.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html