Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:15:20 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

tete a tete loveseat

Started by gene, February 25, 2019, 05:13:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

February 25, 2019, 05:13:30 pm Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 05:15:29 pm by gene
A friend has an old tete a tete loveseat. I had never heard of this before she mentioned she had it. She wants to give it to me. My thought would be to put all new foam, cotton, etc., cover in musin, then give a price that would include the loveseat and my labor to reupholster. The customer would provide the fabric.

The only value I see is that it is unique. Unique also can be a negative. Anyone have any experience with this type of loveseat? Any issues with reupholstering? Any thoughts on my idea to sell it?

The sides slide around to the back.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tete+a+tete+loveseat&rlz=1C2AWFC_enUS783US785&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=us1ada4PzEqD_M%253A%252CaGVI-An_evRSlM%252C_&usg=AI4_-kS7vKxFRJGJOpyTmgsC0S9iVpLGgw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjk1bOwnNjgAhUhm-AKHQxEC4wQ9QEwAXoECAUQFQ&biw=1164&bih=560#imgrc=eJnT-ud6RQUIHM:

Thanks,

Gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

kodydog

Can't say I've ever seen one much less worked on one. As far as resale, it would take a unique person with a unique house to purchase one.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

MinUph

Never saw one of these Gene, but it is different. I like the movement. It makes it dual purpose. I don't think there would be any unique issues upholstering it except for the obvious backs being curved like they are but not a huge issue. Fitting takes care of that. Their must be a mechanism that would allow it to be a knock down so it should be pretty easily reupholstered. It would need to be shown in the right place to sell for a good price for you. 2500 is not bad if sold without reupholstery. Add the Reup price would bring it closer to 3.5 - 4 k. Worth it for both sides.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

SteveA

When I was dating my Wife my future FIL made me sit in their tete a tete -and he added if I move one inch he'll clobber me. 
Seriously - these are used at ping pong tournaments - 
SA

65Buick

I second what Paul said. That's a rare piece and there are people out there who would love to have an original. Definitely worth it, in my area. Can't say for yours.

Darren Henry

I too think they are very unique and very cool. I've always wanted to make one with the big "S"back and very Victorian. The first one I say (pictures of, sadly) was actually a three seater out of an old hotel lobby. [wink] Think pinwheel [wink]. Every body got a seat without being "sitting with someone" on a small piece of furniture.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

gene

I have 3 interested customers. One may use it in a theatrical production for furniture on stage. One wants to be able to turn the swivel end so they can look out the window and then turn it back to use the piece as a loveseat when they have guests over. The 3rd is interested for it's uniqueness with no specific application.

The project is not complete until the check clears. :-)

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!