Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:29:46 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

What else did I miss?

Started by Darren Henry, February 02, 2019, 01:50:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Henry

So just got home and had a chance to catch up here. I finally broke down and paid for internet in my room in the hospital but couldn't find the board to log on. What else is new with everyone? I was out of the loop for a month.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

MinUph

Welcome back Darren,
  Sounds like you were in hospital. As a patient or what? Hope all is well.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Darren Henry

Yeah had some pretty major surgery to remove a cancer from my tongue/mouth/jaw. Doing alright so far. Have to wait and see how radiation and chemo go.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

SteveA

Darren - wishing you a speedy recovery - and successful treatment - I know this is an obstacle that you can and will fight.   
SteveA

MinUph

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

65Buick

Darren, wish you luck on your treatment. And hope that you will feel ok during.

baileyuph

Darren,
Wishing you a good recovery and return,

Doyle

kodydog

Was wondering where you were. Missed you buddy. Hope you have a speedy recovery.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Darren Henry

Thanks everybody. I feel well enough ( so far at least LOL). Sure miss eating though, and am losing weight I can't afford. Hopefully I get my fork privileges back on the 13th when I see the surgeon again.

Mike

March 13, 2019, 08:44:02 pm #9 Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 08:45:04 pm by Mike
Boy Darren i hope your sugery went well and a speedy recovery

Mojo

Wish you the very best and hope you beat this cancer. PRaying for you Sgt Major.

Mojo

Darren Henry

Thanks everyone !!!! Sorry I haven't checked back in sooner. Hope you are all well too.

I am slowly putting some weight back and am still augmenting with tube feeding, so no longer have to wear snow shoes in the shower. That was a pain! Dry them, oil them, re varnish them---- LOL. It's all good.

Pathology came back good so no chemo. Once this wound on my neck (infection on one of the stitch lines grew into a hole---looks like I was necking with a zombie) I have to go back to Winnipeg for some radiation. Inconvenient---but no big thing compared to many others.

P.S Col. I read of face book that you where relegated to sleeping in the trailer last rally? That'll learn 'Ya not to let them drive. Next thing you know they'll want to vote.

P.P.S PLEASE  don't tell Ally I said that---She's Aussie, and they know where Canada is. [Gulp].

Mojo

Darren:

As you can see I have a lot of smart ass friends who enjoy making my life miserable. :)
Hope you are healing up well.

Mojo