Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 03:34:37 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Upholstery video

Started by gene, January 11, 2019, 05:23:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmGkfnTwDwE

No cutting table. Uses the floor.

No saw horses. Uses the floor.

Bare feet.

Manual stapler.

Paul would have a fit with the foam cutter this guy uses.

Regular hammer for decorative tacks.

No cotton or poly batting.

Contact cement for the foam.

Did I mention bare feet?

Corded electric screw driver.

My knees hurt just watching him sit sitting on the floor and getting up and sitting on the floor and getting up...

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

MinUph

Very interesting Upholsterer. He actually did a decent job with the tools he had. I did enjoy the foam saw bit. He was pretty good with it.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

sofadoc

I guess he only has 1" and 2" foam available to him. If he had 3" and 4", he could save a ton on glue.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

kodydog

January 12, 2019, 06:51:48 am #3 Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 06:53:56 am by kodydog
What is the out the door price for this new sofa? I'm guessing this is India. I wonder what per hour wage the young man makes? Like Paul I think he did a decent job considering what he had to work with. Is that a machete he uses to cut foam with.

It sort of reminds me of the bus conversion company I worked for a few years back. The upholstery room did have a cutting table and a sewing machine. That was about it. When I asked where the tools were they said I need to bring my own. There was no hard air line into the room. The pneumatic staple gun was bought at Ace Hardware. The thick staples were the type used in a hand held staple gun and they bought them one small box at a time. We worked mostly covering plywood and half of the staples would only go half way in. I did wear shoes. Four weeks after my employment they ran out of work. This was a good time to take my leave.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

65Buick

Wow! Thanks for sharing that Gene.

I am seriously impressed. Amazing what people can do with just a few hand tools and the desire to be good.