Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:05:10 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Wegner

Started by SteveA, October 30, 2018, 09:48:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveA

Danish mid century - I have 5-6 of these to do. The back rests are all broken.  Previous repair co. put larger screws, and even drilled a hole through the side post for another screw none of which worked.  Take apart 3/4 of the fabiric fix the edge and put them back together - I have one done.  About two hours per chair. 

SteveA

After regluing the broken edges with epoxy - I screwed down a piece of pipe strap - very flat - w/#4 - 5/8th screw counter sunk.  The plate covers the area that is prone to blow out when they lean back.  It's the lower hole closer to the seat

65Buick

Yeah baby. Those are hot. Would love to get a job like that.

SteveA

Photobucket changed it's format - seems OK but there's a learning curve.  I had to splice in some hardwood the edge was bad  -

The finished backrest - good considering the fabric is 30 years old and been opened for repairs before

65Buick

PB won't load for me... but just repair, no reupholstery?

MinUph

Yea photobucket sucks wont load for me either.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

SteveA

Last night when I went to PB - the software displayed a change and asked me to agree.  I did - a new interface which seemed an update so I went ahead and uploaded 3 photos.  The first choice I elected was to save it as a HL something but that didn't work.  Tried again choosing IMG and that worked.  I previewed the photos before posting and they appeared in the box as they should. 
This morning I logged into PB - those recent photos were there but the site is buffering non stop.  I'll keep playing around with the software but if someone else has a suggestion that would be great
SA

MinUph

Steve,
I don't post many photos here so I havent looked into the best or easiest ways to do so. But If I get some time over the weekend I will look into this more.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website