Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:08:45 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Staple Remover

Started by SteveA, August 26, 2018, 08:49:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveA

Anyone try the staple puller plier made by Osborne - style # 600 - hadn't seen this before
SA

gene

August 26, 2018, 11:16:43 am #1 Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 11:17:35 am by gene
I have not seen that before.

Most staples need a tap on the staple puller to get them out. If the one handle was made to receive blows from a hammer that might be worth trying.

I have sharpened a staple puller to a fine edge and it still needs to be tapped on the handle to get it under most staples.

With my osilating cutter being used for almost all staple removals, I can't see spending $30.50 on this. But, someone may find it does the trick for them.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

baileyuph

In addition to what has been said, the #600 size of nose will not get into tight places as well
as the Osborne 120 1/2.

It might be a good tool - but in spite of its title (the #600 that is) - not the best for furniture staple
removing.

Doyle

sofadoc

I have the 600. I only got it because I thought it might work where the fabric is stapled into a groove. I rarely use it.

Like Gene, I shave staples off as much as humanly possible.
All those different staple lifting gadgets are for the birds.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

SteveA

I'm bad in that I buy everything that looks like it makes the job easier.  I saved a few bucks today Doc.
I have the Klein needle nose pliers (yellow handle) which i think is made as well as the snap on tools.  It will help get the staples out of hard to reach places without that Osborne tool.
I already lost money on the osborne 124 and the double rock remover - I never pick up those tools. I keep them as a reminder of how I waste money
SA

gene

The staple remover that was the easiest on my hands was my son. Not super fast and frequent phone breaks, but much less wear and tear on my hands. I also had to pay for it every time it was used. :-)

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

kodydog

This is an idea I've been kicking around. Once you get the prong under the staple use the plier to help pull it out. Good idea? Bad idea? I'd have to submit it to Osborn as an improvement to their product.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

MinUph

I have a few needle nose like the 600 but they dont work worth a dam.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

65Buick

kody - that looks like carpal tunnel.

maybe I should get to work on my powered magnetic staple remover.

brmax

Initially I chose to purchase a cs osborne 120 1/2. Its ability I think is excellent, though seldom used. I suspect it was mentioned here by a few in the furniture or marine upholstery trades.
For sure its still manual and I am positive it would benefit one if using it a lot, with their other all smooth plastic handles. In any case it works, thanks for the tip

Good day

Floyd