Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:43:32 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Great idea for cutting foam!

Started by gene, August 16, 2018, 05:58:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

Yeah. What I really meant was that I'm more interested in his system of gluing. The type of glue and the type of sprayer that he uses it with.

The Camie adhesive that I use now with a Critter spray gun isn't supposed to clog. But it does eventually. I'm always interested in a better system if one is out there.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

MinUph

Any glue gun will clog if not used all the time. That has been a PITA forever.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Darren Henry

Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

MinUph

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

sofadoc

I've looked up that table before. It comes out of Poland, and is around $1700 plus freight. And it's an air hog, so you'd better have a bad-ass compressor.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

MinUph

Quote from: sofadoc on September 01, 2018, 06:16:47 am
I've looked up that table before. It comes out of Poland, and is around $1700 plus freight. And it's an air hog, so you'd better have a bad-ass compressor.

Aint gonna pay that kinda money for one but would like one.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

brmax

September 03, 2018, 11:15:35 am #36 Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 11:22:43 am by brmax
I like them bosch tools they are some well built purchases. I picked up on the glue sprayer also , seems pretty thinned glue in there.
The lift is a real nice option for sure

Good day there

Floyd

65Buick

The EZE does take some getting used to. Folks use something to rest the foam on to account for the thickness of the foot?

MinUph

You can set the foam on another piece of foam leaving enough hanging over to clear the foot of the saw. Then you will get a 90 degree cut on the edge or just tip the saw a little.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Rich

One more foam cutting option I learned about on this site-A band saw. It has become one of the most useful machines in my shop, cutting foam, wood and plastic.  I use it to cut angles (wedge shapes) that are next to impossible to do even with the Bosch cutter. Mine is a JET brand with the optional extension block which allows the use of a 105" blade (12" thickness capacity). The only drawback is that the throat depth limits how far into the foam you can cut.
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!

MinUph

Yes Rich, I've used the bandsaw for ever to cut everything and a lot of foam. Great way to get rid of smaller pieces when you need a special thickness. Say you need 2 1/2" thick just cut 2 1/2" slices out of a 6" piece and glue them together. Very little waste at my shops this way.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

baileyuph

The band saw is an option that expands your options/capabilities of cutting foam.

I have two and the way my fence (guide which works well on wood cutting) makes the tool
very effective.  The fence can be made to accommodate long piece cutting.  It is another way
of using residual foam.

Doyle