Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:01:04 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Leatherman

Started by SteveA, August 01, 2018, 09:39:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveA

Since the day I started working I've been carrying a pocket knife.  Buck, Gerber, than Benchmade with a pocket clip.  It's part of my anatomy.  The Benchmade blade is under 4 inches long.  My boys keep telling me although the blade isn't over sized - the knife can be snapped open with one hand making it illegal.  After a year of them hounding me I decided to go in a different direction.  I bought the Leatherman sidekick - didn't need the models with whistles, fire starter, scissors, etc.  I don't know about the rest of you but if you carry something and it's not a Leatherman - GET ONE !  I've had so many uses for this thing - it's the best  and it's legal.  The only modification I made was to add a pocket clip since one clip didn't seem to hold the knife secure in my pocket.  I'm thinking of turning the bottle opener into an awl.  What are you carrying if anything - firearms don't count.
SA

RiCat

For me.. I am carrying on a tradition from my Dad.. Old Timer pocket knife

Regards..
Rick

MinUph

I carry a victorinox swiss army knife. Have for many many years. Simple one 53133. Maybe I'll try a Leatherman next time. I've known others that love them once they are broken in.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

gene

I'm waiting for a cell phone that has a pocket knife. The best camera I ever had is on my cell phone. The brightest flashlight I have ever had is on my cell phone. The most accurate GPSed satellite compass I have ever had is on my cell phone. The easiest appointment calendar I have ever used is on my cell phone. The most beautiful pictures of any grandchild ever are on my cell phone. There's no question that when they come out with a pocket knife on a cell phone, it will be awesome!!!

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

MinUph

Yes Gene the cell phone is the BEST macgyver toolkit of any that has ever been invented. I don't know if the cell phone will ever have a knife in it but a case for it might. Good thing to invent!
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Darren Henry

I've carried a pocket knife since I was a kid. A few years ago I took to wearing an olfa knife in a sheath. It's faster and easier to draw, doesn't need sharpening and I don't care what I have to cut or pry with it.

One of the guys I used to work with puts his leatherman on before his watch in the morning. I have seen how many times a day he uses it,and tried carrying one but just found it too bulky and cumbersome. By the time you already have a cell phone and the Olfa knife and a tape measure and a ring of keys on a beltloop etc..it starts to feel like you're wearing fighting order again. Hmmm---a bayonet would make a pretty cool field expedient pry bar mind you.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!