Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:17:02 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Rough Day

Started by SteveA, July 10, 2018, 08:14:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveA

An account sent me out to see what I can do for the piping on the back of a sofa facing the room where the designer said the customer disliked the look.  When I looked at the photo I wondered if it was just two threads that were objectionable or the gather at the seam.  Turned out the overlap was too fat -

I didn't have any extra made up welting from the designer's shop so went the route of snipping away some excess fabric and stapling it down tighter.  It was rough - the driveway was 10 feet away from the ground floor entrance - their air conditioning was on full blast and my staple gun got condensation on it the second I walked through the door. I had to separate the sectionals,  remove the dust cover, tacking strip, and the piping to fix it.  At least 10 - 12 staples had to be removed.  They made me coffee and it took 40 minutes to complete. I didn't get back until after 10:30am.  Rough Day !  But they were happy -

65Buick

You're a good man Steve.

gene

I can't tell from your second picture but did you leave those two loose threads there?  :-)

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

SteveA

Got the threads - should have taken a close up picture but was thinking I'll take the photo for the account the way a person normally views the sofa rather than on their hands and knees like their complaint photo was.
The photo of the repair isn't close enough to see the seam well but it was nearly invisible.  Funny how the factory made that seam where it did.  The piping inside didn't overlap - that was cut nicely but the overlap looked like it was done with no concern to hide the connection.  The way the sofa was positioned the back faced the open room.  Customer said " I paid a fortune for this sofa and that seam made me crazy."   
SA

kodydog

Too bad they didn't piece it where the sectional joins together. Sometimes factory workers are like robots and can't deviate from the norm.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html