Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:42:49 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Down cushion and envelope manufacturer referral wanted

Started by MinUph, April 22, 2018, 05:38:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MinUph

I posted this yesterday and I guess it was one that didn't make it. Anyway..
  Does anyone have a recommendation on down blend filled envelopes and cushion cores on the east side of the country? I stopped making thee in house and want to fins a better source that Pacific. The quality of the products are not the best there. I know of another one in California but that seems like a long turnaround and a large shipping bill.
  Thanks
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

kodydog

Ronco in California makes a quality product. You send them your finished pattern and they figure the tolerances. Once they receive the pattern the turnaround time isn't bad. About a week. You choose the blend you want. To save on shipping you can order the envelope only and add your own foam once it arrives. I've used them about 6 time and never had a problem.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

MinUph

I've looked into Ronco. I would like to find someone on the east side of the country. But thanks
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

gene

I've used Albany Foam many times in the past. This past December I used Ronco in CA because of folks on this forum talking it up. I've had great experiences with both. Shipping is probably less with Albany, but I don't know for sure.

From their online catalog:

http://albanyfoam.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/AFS-catalog-2018_2-27-18_LR-20.pdf

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

Shipping rates from Ronco really isn't an issue. They offer $20 flat rate on orders over $100. It usually takes 3 days to ship from Ronco to Texas. I don't know how their turnaround time compares to others.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

MinUph

Update on my findings.
  I sent RFQs on a drawing of an envelope I have used recently to get  an example price from both Albany and Ronco. My original supplier charged roughly $50.00 for 10-90 blend for this one.
Albany was in at $160.00 for 25-75 blend+ shipping
Ronco was around $85.00 for 10-90 blend plus 35 shipping.
  I will be sticking with Pacific for now.

Thanks for the recommendations
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

65Buick

MinUph

65, This sample order was for an envelope that would be filled with a piece of foam. Two sided with boxing and zippered top, bottom and boxing filled with down blend mentioned. Kind of like a dacron wrap but with a down blend. Could be used on either a seat cushion or back cushion depending on type of foam used.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website