Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 07:46:55 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Liability Insurance

Started by Mojo, February 23, 2018, 04:05:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

I was just wondering if anyone carries business liability insurance. We have a policy that covers us for $ 2 million which includes people who visit our shop as well as covering us while doing shows.

All venues require we have a minimum of $ 1 million before we are allowed to set up at an event and have to provide them with a copy of our policy.

For those of you who have walk in customers or those of you who deliver, do you have liability insurance ? I believe our policy costs around $ 1,000 a year.

Mojo

SteveA

Mine is similar although I don't have coverage at the shop for customers visiting.  Mine is also 2 million and covers me on site for personal injury, property damage, and completed operations.  $ 600.00/year.
SA

kodydog

When we had a commercial location we had it. CYA. We once toyed with the idea of making UF-Gator chairs. Simple metal frame, seat and back upholstered in orange and blue vinyl. We even found a sunbrella type fabric, orange and blue with Florida repeated across it. We made 4 chairs and Rose called about licensing rights. They said a $1 million liability policy would be needed. We sold 3 chairs (uninsured) and donated the fourth to a church auction. We then dropped the idea.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

MinUph

When I first took over this business I had a couple in my sample room looking at fabric samples. All of a sudden the husband was on the floor. He had fallen right off the chair. It scared the shit out of me first for the fact I was concerned for him which he was fine. He had a dizzy spell. But after they left I realized I did not have insurance for sush a think. Now the sample room is spotless, clean neat and safe but you never know. So I called and got insurance for this sort of issue. I also later added a rider on it to cover me in case an employee or anyone stole money from my shop. My secretary has access to my world. This was for a past one that I just felt the need to have especially while I got to know them.
  Anyway I carry it and need it for some design firms as they require it along with some condos and HOAs.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

gene

State Farm has a nice commercial policy that fits my small business well. I was with Grange Insurance for about 10 years and their prices were up 3 straight years. I went with State Farm.

My lease on my shop requires me to have insurance.

Legal fees in a law suit can be a major expense and it's good to know that insurance will cover that, especially with so many nuisance and frivolous law suits.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!