Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:29:44 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Service and repair manuals

Started by evanbever, February 05, 2018, 03:14:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

evanbever

Does anyone know how to get a service manual for a consew 206 rb1?

MinUph

http://www.consew.com/Resources/
Does Not list the RB1 persa but does have manual for 206 RBs.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

evanbever

I,ve been on that webpage but all they list are operating instructions and parts diagram, what I am asking about is the repair manual

Mojo

I have numerous manuals for the machines that we bought new and I would not call any of them repair manuals. There are parts diagrams and then instructions on how to adjust the machine.

Most of the repairs I have done I had to learn as I went. My machine dealer, Bob Kovar has talked me through a few major repairs. I once bent the needle bar on a machine and he sold me the part and had to talk me through the repair. It was by far the worst repair I ever had to make and I don't care to ever have to do another one.

I have never seen a repair manual that shows how to make repairs. But most manuals will show how to make all of the normal adjustments such as hook timing, feed dog timing, etc. I learned a long time ago how to make repairs so I wasn't dependant on local machine guys.

Mojo

evanbever

Yes, I don't want to be dependent on local repair guy's either, I did find a website that does have some repair manuals including the one that I am looking for. It's White sewing center located in MN.

brmax

Have not stumbled on that particular manual, but will keep an eye out.
If there is an issue at the present or something some others may have ran into. We are all sure to help a bit

You probably know this but if Im not mistaken Seiko is the lead manufacture and owner of the America based Consew company. This was in, I believe the turn over or succession of Singer to Seiko many moons ago.

Its a sure bet if you contacted Gregg at keysew.com or Bob at tolindsewmach.com, either one by phone that they will be a great help.

have a good day
Floyd

evanbever

65Buick

what exactly are you trying to fix, or are you just trying to stay ahead of the game?

evanbever

It was something really simple, got the bobbin case stuck halfway out while trying to remove it, I live in The Villages, in central Florida and I don't have many options for repair people, I found one but I have to take the machine head to him, and I have back issues.
I did finally get someone on the phone that helped me to resolve the issue and by doing some research online found a set of Chapman ratchet tools that make it much easier to loosen screws.

MinUph

Isn't there marks on the wheel that when lined up allow the bobbin to come out easily?
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mojo

If memory serves me correctly the 206 is a bottom feed. If so then always have the take up lever at the top in order to remove the bottom. Rotate the wheel so the take up lever is at the very top and the bobbin case will slide in and out with ease.

BTW, Min Uph and I live 50 minutes from you in Brooksville/Springhill. :)

Mojo

scottymc

Start googling Toyota sewing machines as they are the same as Consew in quite a few models.