Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 09:00:21 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

How Old

Started by SteveA, January 07, 2018, 07:38:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

I had a cordless stapler 30 years ago. It shot the same staples as my air guns. Like so many cordless tools, when the batteries went bad, replacing them cost more than the whole rig.

If you're having a hard time finding one now, it isn't because the technology hasn't been invented yet. More likely because they never caught on.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

kodydog

Sounds like my cordless drill. I go through one about every 4 or 5 years. New batteries cost as much as the drill. I have an air drill and a corded drill but the cordless drill is just so much more convenient. I would seriously consider a cordless stapler if they were available and not cost prohibitive.

Another thing to consider is my Bea gun is slim. It can fit into some tight spaces. Those rechargeable batteries are pretty big.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

byhammerandhand

Quote from: kodydog on January 09, 2018, 06:32:37 pm
Sounds like my cordless drill. I go through one about every 4 or 5 years. New batteries cost as much as the drill. I have an air drill and a corded drill but the cordless drill is just so much more convenient.

I have moved to Ridgid with the LSA (Lifetime Service Agreement).   I'm on my third set of batteries, all covered by the LSA. 
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

SteveA

I had to buy a new tool box last week.  Went to HD - there was Milwaukee, Husky, Stanley, and Ridgid brand.  By far the Ridgid brand was far superior than the rest. That's what I purchased and glad I did. 
SA

kodydog

Quote from: byhammerandhand on January 11, 2018, 06:22:20 pm

I have moved to Ridgid with the LSA (Lifetime Service Agreement).   I'm on my third set of batteries, all covered by the LSA.

My neighbor helped me build a wall in the shop. He had a Ridged impact drill. Nice and compact tool. When he told me it had a lifetime warranty I couldn't believe it. That's an awesome warranty.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html