Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:26:35 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Work order need suggestions

Started by gkm09, January 11, 2018, 06:04:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gkm09

What do you guys use for a work order sheet? My current shop's is very basic and vague. I would like a more detailed one for they guys in the shop so i do t have to explain every detail.

SteveA

I don't think a work order will do the job like a shop foreman would.  How many people do you have working for you ?
SA

kodydog

I wish my last boss thought like you. He never wrote anything down. At least once a week he would come running into the back room screaming "hold on" because he forgot to tell me an important change order. That's aggravating.

My wife uses a simple piece of white paper and writes down every detail discussed with the customer. This includes a fabric sample and the direction of the pattern. This way I can start the next project even when she is not there.

You could discuss the details with the upholsterer at the beginning of each job but chances are he will forget half of what was said.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html