Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:19:05 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Dining Room chair bottom rebuild/recover

Started by baileyuph, January 06, 2018, 06:23:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyuph

Dining room bottom cushions made several years ago were design with a large center hole and
webbed with stretch webbing.  The logic of course was to improve seating comfort - minimize the
board feel for the user.

These jobs have been coming in for a good while now and customer wants them fixed and
complain about them sitting as in a hole.  Which literally what results over time.

Based on customer "cost acceptance", sometimes every thing is replaced  with similar engineering
but other situations the seat is made much firmer.

It would be interesting to which materials others use to try to make the job more durable and
cost more acceptable?

Any ideas to share?

Doyle 

kodydog

January 06, 2018, 07:36:20 am #1 Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 07:36:49 am by kodydog
You could replace the seat with a solid piece of plywood. The cost of the plywood and labor to cut it may push the price out of range.

If the customer wants a firmer feel simply remove the stretchy stuff and replace with jute webbing.

Another way I have fixed these seats and this is if the customer does not want the fabric removed. From the bottom fill the cavity with firm foam and web over that.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

MinUph

The OEM is generally a one piece bladder which stretches out quickly and in my opinion of lesser quality. If this needs replacement I use either a elastibelt webbing stretched very tight or just cover it in plywood if the customer want it firm and using new foam.For some reason the factories never seem to staple the sides of this bladder stuff. Anyone know why this is? There has to be a reason they all seem to do it.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website