Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:00:00 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Sticky: Contact with admin.

Started by KenB, October 16, 2017, 11:23:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Henry

I had surprisingly good luck last night posting some photobucket shots I have to Ian's post about leather. I had less pop ups and problems than usual and  I copied the line above Thumb nail ,and pasted it directly into the body of my post. It behaved like we used to do with the "Copy thumb nail--insert photo---paste" drill that we used to use.

Works up here. Somebody want to try down in the States or overseas?

Thanks again for the ongoing hard work Inger
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

kodydog

October 26, 2017, 05:12:22 pm #31 Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 05:13:31 pm by kodydog
Against my better judgment I gave photobucket one last try. And Darren was right about less popups. But that was the only good thing. I uploaded this image. Once again photobucket kept asking for my password. After three trys I was able to get to the upload button. The first time I tried it sent me to a page asking me to upgrade my account. No thank you. I finally get my immage uploaded and now trying to figure out where it went. Dark screen appears, not black but like wearing sunglasses. Wait, wait, wait, upgrade? No thank you.

So I'm scrolling through my album looking for the image, I hit next. Now I'm on a page from Houzz advertising Edgless Eco Lounge Chair. Yes I'm a member of Houzz but how does Photobucket know that?

I finally find my image and copy the data. My computer is now running very slow.

I come back to the forum To post my image and hear voices in the background. Odd?. I shrink my page and find video advertising on my home page. Delete.

So the whole process only took 10 minutes. Yay!

Here is the project I'v been working on the last two weeks. It'll be done tomarrow. Yay! More photos coming up but not from photobucket.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Inger-in-Norway

October 27, 2017, 03:53:39 am #32 Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 03:58:50 am by Inger-in-Norway
I tried a pic from a Flickr account that I have. That didn't work. I guess it is what I said above, that the picture file name has to come last in the path. At Photobucket the file name does come last, as Kodydog found out above. I have never used Photobucket, but it sounds like a hassle to use.

kodydog

October 27, 2017, 06:17:33 am #33 Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 06:23:05 am by kodydog
I think if you pay for a photobucket upgrade the hassle goes away. I refuse to pay for a service I already can't stand to use.

Is the photo you posted one you took? Very nice picture. Is that in Norway?

One thing to consider when trying to figure this whole image thing out, We often get amateurs asking about technical aspects of upholstery. These amateurs are prime candidates for the wares your boss is trying to sell. Almost every time they ask a question we ask for a picture to help clarify the problem. These pictures need the ability to be enlarged so we can get a good look at the problem. I noticed your image cannot be enlarged. The thing is often these amateurs give up because there is no easy way to post a picture. Its much easier for them to go to one of the groups on Facebook.

This may be why Photobucket was first used way back when this forum was started. Photobucket gives me a thumbnail image to post on the forum. If someone wants to see a larger picture they click on the thumbnail and it brings them to my Photobucket account and a larger picture. Back in the day this may have been good idea. It saved the server a ton of memory. And when I joined this group Photobucket was much easier to use.

I currently use Google Photos. A simple program to use but they only give me a link with no thumbnail photo.

Thought you might enjoy this midcentury scan design sofa,

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qvR0hOmADqEmnyOq2
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

65Buick

X2 about the Google photo. But most people won't go to that length.

And, sweeet mid century sofa, kody.

Inger-in-Norway

I thought that we had hijacked the topic 'Hurricane Irma' long enough, so I split the topic and gave it a new name. I also made it sticky, so that it is easier to find, just in case you want it.

brmax

Good call

Inger can you and any others please help explain what im doing incorrectly;
When i try using the lower page area login i get an error has occured. This happens using my phone if that matters, i can either use the far right spot/button for the enter key or even trying to use the one on my ph keyboard, same resulting error. I certainly can use the other login so wanted to post the question.

Thank you
Floyd

Inger-in-Norway

That seems to have got me into trouble. I tried the same as you did, and all of a sudden I was back on the browser index page. I'm not sure if it has to do with the forum or with my computer, need to do some research and testing. The problem I see on a phone screen is, that the buttons and fields have no name/text, so that I actually don't know what I'm clicking on. Have to speak to the guy who upgraded this forum.

Stick to what you know is working, and if I find a way to solve the problem, I'll post it here.

Inger-in-Norway

You may have noticed that posts from the last couple of days are not here any more. That is because our web host had to restore a backup from before Nov 1st. Sorry about that.

Inger-in-Norway

December 11, 2017, 11:55:58 pm #39 Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 12:26:00 am by Inger-in-Norway
Testing smileys :) :( ;) :o  :D 8)

I was asked to enable smileys...

There seems to be no way to display the smileys so that they can be selected by clicking on them. I've gone through the whole configuration and not found any such option. The ones above here have been typed. In order to see how they are typed, click on 'Quote', then you can see the actual characters.

gene

Typing a smiley is the closest some the the uphosterers on this forum ever come to actually smiling. :) :( ;) :o  :D 8)

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Inger-in-Norway

Hi, I need tome help:

After having nuked a spammer who had 4 posts here, I'm looking at Sonamwsingh and Capper12 and am a bit in doubt whether you would classify them as spammers or not. They have both posted in 'The business of Upholstery' (Capper you will see, the other guy is in the thread about furniture has changed or something.) They put up a link, but have actually nothing important to say. Should they stay or... ? I will rely on you who are in the uph business here ;)

sofadoc

In the past, we've had spammers that would start off with a generic post just to get established, and then bombard us with spam.

I thought the same thing when I read those new posts.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

SteveA

I would guess someone who has a legitimate web site and posts a link in a place where it might sell product isn't a spammer.  New folks tread slowly with posts here -
I would watch them for a while - I didn't think they have done anything to be booted off. 
The site owner would have viable input but maybe an assistant posted this for visibility in their company ?
SA