Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 11:37:24 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Surprise!

Started by byhammerandhand, August 11, 2017, 06:06:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

byhammerandhand

Hmmm.  http://www.whio.com/news/national/furniture-store-receives-ottoman-with-pounds-pot-inside/SIr1YZZxoK160pMAmgMWgK/

I had a customer who closed his store and ordered a bunch of new stuff for his going out of business sale.   I did a lot of work at his warehouse.  A couple years later, he re-opened and I never did work at the warehouse any more.   About a year later, he was busted for a pot growing operation at the new warehouse. 

Be careful out there
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

kodydog

Sounds like he had his hands in all kinds of ventures. Kinda like DeLorean.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

65Buick

It's really hard to know what people are up to. But sometimes a gut feeling does help.

In another instance we have one of these stores that is perpetually 'going out of business'. Then they open right back up again and do the same thing.

MinUph

Going out of business sales are big business. Ever notice the pricing for them is higher than the old price they tried to get before the going out of business sale?
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

byhammerandhand

There's a place near here that advertises "Guaranteed Low Price or It's Free!"   So I'm wondering if I find something there and it's $3000 and it's $2990.00 down the street if they will give it to me free, or just match the price?  Or if it's $2500?   Or $1000?  At just what point is is better to give it to me free or just get something from it?  Do you think they've ever given something out "Free?"   Methinks not.

Official Policy Statement:
"At Furniture Fair we guarantee that our prices are the lowest available in the Cincinnati Ohio Tri-State market. If you are able to find it advertised lower, we will beat that price or it is free! Competitors pricing is subject to verification. Excludes: clearance items, floor samples, close-outs, and discontinued merchandise. "

------

Sears near one of my kids was closing last year.  I went by to see what they were clearing out tools for.  Wow, 5 & 10% off.   Better deals at the Christmas sales, no?
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

MinUph

You will never find the exact product anywhere else hence they can advertise that.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

gene

"He called the Olympic police who confiscated the pot."

There's a comedian, I forget his name, who was a policeman before he left the force and went into stand up comedy. He was asked if he smoked pot. He said, "Not since I left the police force and found out how expensive it is." LOL

You've got to wonder who had the pot shipped to his store. Someone obviously intended to pick up the box at some point in time.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

Quote from: byhammerandhand on August 15, 2017, 11:43:52 am
Excludes: clearance items, floor samples, close-outs, and discontinued merchandise. "

Yeah, those exclusions will getcha every time.

I had a "Stay 2 nights, get the 3rd night free" voucher from a major hotel chain. When I tried to redeem it, the desk clerk pointed to the "exclusions" in the fine print:

NOT VALID DURING HOLIDAYS OR SPECIAL EVENTS

I asked "So what's the special event?"

He said "Well........there's a high school volleyball tournament in town this weekend".
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

byhammerandhand

Quote from: MinUph on August 14, 2017, 02:34:49 pm
Going out of business sales are big business. Ever notice the pricing for them is higher than the old price they tried to get before the going out of business sale?

I think there was a store around here that got into trouble with that.  There was no instance of anything ever being sold or listed as "original price."
Keith

byhammerandhand

Gene used to be an on-the-road salesman.  He said he would ask for a discount and they offered AAA, AARP, etc, none of which he had.   Eventually, they'd take a library card that he'd offered up.    They must not have liked you, Dennis.
Keith

gene

If Dennis only had a library card.

Library card. Don't leave home without it. (Anyone not think of Karl Maldan?)

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!