Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 14, 2024, 04:28:48 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Concrete truck seats - foam

Started by jlombard, June 11, 2017, 05:47:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jlombard

I have 4 concrete (semi) truck seats to repair and the foam is bad on all of them.  I am confused on what density I need to buy and a good US supplier to use.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

baileyuph

Regarding the foam issue:

Options:

1.  Obtain replacement foam foundations from the truck manufacturer(s)
2.  Check with truck salvage (wrecking yards).  Often the entire seat is available
3.  Repair existing foundations (often referred to as molded buns).   A viable option
     given the right glue (can be obtained in large containers to legitimate business -
     this is more related to insurance & liability by the glue manufacturer)
     This option will require experience and considerable equipment needed to handle
     the glue and shape the foam  back to original shape.  As stated a repair option, but
     a viable option.

Depending on the standards/skills/experience condition and builder experience -
     works for many in the business.

Repair or replacement can get expensive, my experience anyway.  When done
professionally.

Doyle

SteveA

Suppliers may be able to send you samples to match against your seats - I would go for the dense ones or the one below
SA

jlombard

found out the foam has a 7 to 10 year life expectancy.  So the old foam will not live up to the new foam - if that makes sense.  Anyway, I decided to put in all new, then I don't have to worry about trying to match something.
Thanks for the reply.

Rich

My first reaction to the title was "Why would anyone want to sit on seats made from concrete?" ;)
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!

65Buick

Rich I thought the same thing! Searched it & saw photos of outdoor seating made from concrete. Then it dawned on me.