Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 15, 2024, 11:17:18 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Pieces of foam stuck to chair frame

Started by Bowen, February 24, 2017, 02:31:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowen

February 24, 2017, 02:31:06 pm Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 02:34:16 pm by Bowen
My chair has foam rubber glued to the wood frame and canvas-type material. Staples and foam pulled out ok but left behind large patches and bits of foam. How do I remove the rest of the foam? I scrubbed with a stiff brush and water but could only loosen small particles. Also tried loosening it up with a hot iron and hair dryer, and Sccr aping it off with a scraper and razor blade but none of these methods worked. Any suggestions? Should I just give up and lay down a new foam layer on top of it?

sofadoc

If all you have left are small chunks that just won't let go, then yes. Just glue your new foam right over them. If your new foam is at least 2" thick, the old bits of foam won't show.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban