Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:38:12 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Bimini Help

Started by Virgs Sew n Sew, November 20, 2016, 11:34:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Virg: We both buy tempotest from Miami. They have an exclusive for the USA. It is a great fabric.

Chris

Virgs Sew n Sew

Quote from: Mojo on December 04, 2016, 08:16:52 am
Virg: We both buy tempotest from Miami. They have an exclusive for the USA. It is a great fabric.

Chris
[/quote

Wonderful <sarcasm>

I called Miami Chris and he referred me to a customer service guy as Chris can only handle customers in Florida and I'm in Nebraska.  Called number Chris gave me the day before Thanksgiving and got the guy's voice mail, which didn't concern me as lots of people take off day before and day after turkey day. 

Still hadn't heard Wed after Thanksgiving so called and left another message with his voice mail.  Called again Friday when I STILL had not heard from the guy.  Specifically asked if Keith was working and was told that he was on another call and did I want his voice mail.  I explained that I had left 2 voice mails already without hearing from the guy and could this person please hand him the message and ask him to please contact me.  This was relatively early Friday morning and never heard from the guy.

Kind of unsure how next to proceed.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Virginia
Fuck this place.

Mojo

Virg:

You can be sure you will get action now. I will contact the CEO of Miami directly. I am close friends with him and I am pretty sure he wont be happy about this.

PM me your phone number please.

Chris

Virgs Sew n Sew

Done and done.

Thanks again!

Virginia
Fuck this place.

Virgs Sew n Sew

Soooo, around 11:30 more or less, the phone rang.  When I answered it, a gentleman identified himself as Keith from Miami Corporation.  He said that Chris had asked him to call me as a favor to Chris (mojo).  He further went on to say and may I quote: "I have absolutely no idea what this is about."   WTF??????  I was very incredulous when he said that.  I said to him "I have left 2 voice mails and asked another cust serv rep to personally hand you a message."  He had no reply to that so I asked him to send me a swatch card, or whatever they use, for the tempotest fabric.

Hopefully, that means the samples are on their way.

Thanks for all your help Chris!  I may actually get the samples this time.

Virginia
Fuck this place.

Mojo

Virg:

Tim, their CEO is out of the office till Thursday. I am betting my phone will ring Friday morning. He is going to be as livid as I am.

I did get an e-mail from Chris saying he handled it.

I am sure Tim will be calling me as soon as he is back at the office. We work close with each other and I know he wont tolerate things falling through the cracks. Please keep me posted.

Chris

Virgs Sew n Sew

Chris, I'll definitely keep you posted.

Thanks so much for all your help.

Virginia
Fuck this place.

Virgs Sew n Sew

Hey Chris!

I just wanted to let you know that I got the tempotest swatch card in the mail today.  Not bad timing considering how much mail is being sent at this time of year.

I do have a question for you.  I notice that they have coated and uncoated.  When do you want to use coated?

Thanks again for your assistance!

Virginia
Fuck this place.

Mike

the coating should give it better waterproofing, me I don't bother with the plusses or costing's on subrella and such I ca cant see it helping breathability which id important here in floridas humidities

Darren Henry

I could never justify the extra expense of the coated material and it really cuts down that breathabilty. I even notice the difference up here and we are much drier than Florida.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Virgs Sew n Sew

Chris:

Just thought I would let you know that I received a phone call from the VP of Miami Corp.  I had to run out and get a zipper, shoulder pads and other misc stuff from Jo-Ann's this morning.  Hubby said, rather disgruntled, that the phone had been ringing off the hook ever since I walked out the door.  He was right, 5 calls in like 45 minutes.  One of them was Miami Corp.  I called back and left VM since I got swatches but no price list, so asked for either a price list to be mailed, emailed or a phone call with prices.

Thanks again for your assistance!

Virginia
Fuck this place.

Mojo

I went straight to the top - the CEO. It hit the fan after that so I can understand someone like the VP calling. I was not a happy camper.

In regards to the coated product, I use non coated. Tempotest is a great fabric and much higher quality then Sunbrella. I think you will be happy using it. I have no idea what their prices are for cut yardage as we are volume buyers. The discounts on buying large full rolls can be significant but I can tell you that your price should be cheaper then Sunbrella.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Chris

babock

Sorry to hijack but how close are the TEMPOTEST colors to Sunbrella? For example, if you laid pieces of Navy or Beige Sunbrella/TEMPOTEST next to each other, how close do they match.

I just am thinking if 2 articles were a couple feet away from each other, would you notice.

Mike

ive noticed capt navy sunbrella dosent match closly the volor tr,posest has I forget its name. I miss recacril whos colors were spot on

Virgs Sew n Sew

Quote from: Mojo on December 21, 2016, 03:05:14 am
I went straight to the top - the CEO. It hit the fan after that so I can understand someone like the VP calling. I was not a happy camper.

In regards to the coated product, I use non coated. Tempotest is a great fabric and much higher quality then Sunbrella. I think you will be happy using it. I have no idea what their prices are for cut yardage as we are volume buyers. The discounts on buying large full rolls can be significant but I can tell you that your price should be cheaper then Sunbrella.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Chris

I think I'm good now.  I also got a call that same afternoon from cust srvc rep (I think).  He emailed me paperwork to open an account and also gave me per yard price (under $14).  I figured you were volume quantity.

Customer is going to come over one day next week.  I need to email him today and get that scheduled.  We'll compare fabrics and see if he wants to stay with that color or switch.  He's now decided to replace both pieces which I think is wise as I can see the other side tearing out this boating season.  Replace both sides and be done with it is my attitude.

Thanks again!

Virginia
Fuck this place.