Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 10:44:36 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Bimini Help

Started by Virgs Sew n Sew, November 20, 2016, 11:34:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgs Sew n Sew

The bimini went to its new home yesterday afternoon.  Customer was very pleased.    Now I am working full time on getting the matching recliners finished for my in-laws.  Then the 2 restaurants waiting for new booths/chairs.

Virginia
Fuck this place.

Darren Henry

Good for you. Did you take any pictures to share with us?
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Virgs Sew n Sew

Quote from: Darren Henry on April 13, 2017, 04:28:23 am
Good for you. Did you take any pictures to share with us?
I'm going to go out to their house, once he gets the bimini installed, and I'll take pictures then.  Then I'll post them.

Virginia
Fuck this place.

Virgs Sew n Sew

I went to see the bimini yesterday.  Didn't take my camera as Jerry had mentioned a problem and I didn't know if it was something that would affect the picture. 

There were a couple pieces of velcro that I needed to add.  They weren't on the originals so I didn't know.  I use the stick on kind.  Got it placed correctly and then pinned it down to make sure that it didn't fall off during transportation back to my shop.  One zipper had come loose (about an inch or so) and one zipper needed to be moved about an inch as it was hard to get it zipped.  There are two zippers, one on each side of the seam and the hardware was kind of butting when everything is zipped over the bows and in place.  No problem, took care of all those items this morning.

The big issue was that there were a few "strings" from my center seam.  I sewed exactly as the original was and it had a few strings as well but they didn't notice.  How do ya'll keep from getting strings.  I'm using fray block on the edges (after trimming).

Thanks!

Virginia
Fuck this place.

MinUph

If you meen threads (strings) they are taken care of by a hot knife instead of scissors when cutting the fabric. It melts the cut so it wont fray.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Virgs Sew n Sew

Quote from: MinUph on April 25, 2017, 05:37:09 pm
If you meen threads (strings) they are taken care of by a hot knife instead of scissors when cutting the fabric. It melts the cut so it wont fray.

Yup, that was what I meant.  I'll store that for future reference.

Thanks!

Virginia
Fuck this place.