Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 10:38:24 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

a bit of light woodworking for Christmas (off-topic,...

Started by byhammerandhand, November 11, 2016, 10:37:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

byhammerandhand

... not that that's unusual or ever stopped anyone.

I made some candy cane ornaments from wood for the grand-children.   

My journey is documented here : http://thepatriotwoodworker.com/topic/18348-candy-cane-ornaments/
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

SteveA

Nice Idea - the Mrs. will have a tough time beating that next year. It's fortunate for the tree you weren't a metal worker !
SA

gene

Very nice. And I love the idea of making something for other people.

My wife buys ornaments for our kids each year.

We've talked on this forum about how young folks seem addicted to buying stuff, like cheap furniture. Actually making something for someone else seems to be a dying art.

Thanks for the post.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

kodydog

That's pretty cool Hammer. Rose and I never had children. But my sisters did and every year I made it a point to give irritating and noisy toys for a Christmas present. Cruel I know. One year I found plans in Woodworker Magazine for a kazoo. Made with three different types of wood and a piece of wax paper for the reverb. When they opened this present they didn't have a clue what it was. So I told them to blow into it. Of course nothing happened, so I told them to hum into it. Ah, magic. Soon they were humming Christmas songs and marching up and down my mothers hallways. Success.

Another simple present that will bring wonder to a youngsters imagination. Carefully crack open a Walnut. Empty the contents and replace it with money. $1 is fine but a fiver or even a $20 bill is better. Then glue the halves back together and wrap them. When they open the present they wont have a clue. You'll have to tell them to crack the nut open. Watch their eyes when they do.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mike

nice last year and this ive givin up decorating outside my house with the road work im in the middle of a work zone with to traffic at all