Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:38:50 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Florida

Started by Mike, September 14, 2016, 07:26:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

September 14, 2016, 07:26:07 pm Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 07:27:32 pm by Mike
florida really isn't as bad as they all say with the mosquitoes  snakes roaches
but on a rare occasions I SEE THESE GUYS  this gator swam in my canal behind the house yesterday   the very water I fell in last month

brmax

I guess you and the neighbors use them to send beers back on forth across the canal eh

have a good day there
Floyd

SteveA

My Father in law lived in Florida on a canal in New port Richi. Now deceased - we never got along - he was capo merda -   On our anniversary one year we flew down to see them and I had never been to Florida -  Anyway I loved to swim and scuba dive.  I asked the old man if I could swim in the canal - I was wondering about sharks - he said don't worry there aren't sharks in this close.  I swam for about 1/2 hour - one end of the canal to the other.  It wasn't until years later I realized  I could have been gator food.  I was trying to figure out how to return the favor but he passed on  - don't miss him-
SA

kodydog

September 15, 2016, 05:09:23 pm #3 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 05:10:35 pm by kodydog
In the 70's you could paddle up and down the rivers or lakes and  rarely see an alligator. In the 80's you had to worry about letting your dog swim in the water. They have been protected for so long they are now a nuisance.

Most of us have heard about the kid at Disney. They are so profuse now that a short hunting season is now open.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

gene

September 15, 2016, 07:30:02 pm #4 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 07:30:27 pm by gene
A Readers Digest Anecdote from years ago that I may have posted before. I'm getting to the age now where I may have posted this several times before.

A guy said he was with the Peace Corp in Africa back in the 70's. He had swam competitively while in college. His first morning at a remote village, he swam across the river and back for some exercise. When he got back on shore, all the villagers came running down to him and were touching his skin and talking excitedly to each other. The interpreter came down and told the guy that the villagers were talking about his amazing magical white skin.

He told the interpreter to explain that his skin was no different than their skin. All skin is the same, it doesn't matter what color it is. The interpreter told him that the villagers were convinced that his white skin was magical because if they swam in the river the crocodiles would eat them.   :o

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

gene

September 15, 2016, 07:40:04 pm #5 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 07:42:11 pm by gene
Thanks for the pics, Mike.

The news paper on Sanibel Island will occasionally have a police report that says something like "Mrs. Bertha Shabinski could not get into her house last night because a 9 foot alligator was on her porch.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!