Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 14, 2024, 05:26:10 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Split pad foot

Started by ChandlerSM, June 07, 2016, 06:56:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ChandlerSM

After I started stripping what was to be my first upholstering project, I found that the pad foot on the chair had split from exposure to water.  I think it is repairable, but don't know how to go about it without breaking it off, because now it is quite dry.  Please tell me what to do to fix this problem.

SteveA

If the split will close with clamp pressure than you may be able to use epoxy glue and a clamp.  A photo would help if you can post one.
SA

ChandlerSM

June 22, 2016, 07:07:29 pm #2 Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 08:21:29 pm by ChandlerSM
I tried to post a photo but it wouldn't upload.
So...two splits in two feet are quite narrow, so a thin glue that would reach all the exposed surfaces in the splits is what I need.  Can you recommend a good glue for that?

SteveA

I would recommend epoxy.  If the split can't be opened you can not scrape off the old glue between the split surfaces therefore a yellow glue won't be to effective.  You can thin the epoxy slightly with epoxy thinner and use a syringe to force it into the split .
SA

ChandlerSM

I'll do that.  Thank you!   :)