Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 02:40:43 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

boat seat blues

Started by lizzieb, June 03, 2016, 09:39:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lizzieb

I am working on a boat that has the 2 back to back seats - joined at the top then can be slid down to lay on.  I am having a heck of a time with a wrinkle right in the center where the side pieces meet the center piece - there are 3 pull strips - one between the top cushion and the main cushion and then one on each side - there is a little gap between where the "ear" of the foam butts into the pulling strip and that is where my problem is - I can stuff it with extra foam but when I pull down, the wrinkles reappear.  I will try to attach some photos but the area is navy blue - almost black - not sure if you will be able to see the problem.
Thanks!,
Liz

brmax

I'm taking it these are more a pillowed/bolsterd sections and at their back is the connection to all.
The pull strip sounds like a string and it would be better if was evenly a sewn in "whatever they call it" and was attached or had tension more equal like.
Now I have confused my self enough, so going for coffee.
have a good morning there
Floyd

Virgs Sew n Sew

Pictures would definitely be helpful.  I've done two different types of back to back's and did not have the issue you are describing.

Thanks

Virginia
Fuck this place.

brmax

If that foam ear part is say just a 1/2 deep and string or twine is attaching it to the plywood it may require a few more tie offs on that section.
Some of the foam can get worn on that driver seat, I know as trying to sit many different ways at times in not so smooth waters is a requirement and can wear on the vinyl and foam.

Floyd

lizzieb

Thanks for all the responses - I will try to get some pictures posted.
Liz

gene

Howdy,

I don't do boats, but I played one on TV. I do enjoy watching this guys videos. You may find some help here.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdVFaWeNva2DZdxGSrhnnXw/videos

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Darren Henry

If you are using the old foam try steaming the corners of it where the pieces all meet. Also double check that all your pulls are stapled the same height. You may need to slack off the ends of the pull across the centre to get them all to line up.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

I think Darrens got it even without a pic its sounds like the pulls are the culprit