Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 14, 2024, 04:24:33 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Weather Conditions in Tornado Alley

Started by Virgs Sew n Sew, May 26, 2016, 12:44:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgs Sew n Sew

Weather Channel shows torn con 4 or 5 for everyone in Tornado Alley (TX, OK, KS, NE).  I just went out to make sure that the drain pipe extensions are still in place (Joe loves to run around the yard with them ; ( -- dirt bag anyway) and the atmosphere is just eerie.  Very similar to 1980 when Grand Island had 7 tornadoes in one evening.  There have been tornadoes every evening since Monday I believe.  Tx and Ok Mon & Tues and Ks had several last evening.  Bob just said that the watch just barely excludes Grand Island but that he expects that to change.

I was out weeding early this morning and the sky was gorgeous.  Not menancing yet but not real friendly either.  Know sofadoc is in TX (think).  Hope that he and everyone else in the path of these storm systems stays safe.  I told Bob to bring the dogs down whenever he thinks they need to (that's always exciting to have Joe & Missy down here at the same time).  LOL

Virginia
Fuck this place.

sofadoc

Yeah, I'm in the "gateway" to Tornado Alley. Had a lot of close calls over the years. And the conditions are certainly right for the next few days.
In '85, one ripped through downtown Greenville. Destroying or seriously damaging many historic buildings. One that was spared became my upholstery shop 12 years later.

Most of the buildings were left to continue crumbling, as merchants fled for greener pastures out by the highway. Only recently had downtown started recovering economically.

The main reason for the resurgence is voting to go wet. Booze has made a big difference.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

SteveA

Booze is a good thing - how about those Barbecue places - are they growing  ?
I watch the food network sometimes - Texas and Kanas City seems to be the destination most folks are visiting -
After watching those channels I start cooking :)
Be safe from whatever comes knocking -
SA

gene

QuoteBooze is a good thing

I don't remember any adult beverages being consumed in The Wizard of Oz. Those monkeys tails sure were curled up, though.

gene

QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

Quote from: SteveA on June 29, 2016, 10:03:13 am- how about those Barbecue places - are they growing  ?
I watch the food network sometimes - Texas and Kanas City seems to be the destination most folks are visiting -
Texas does seem to have a reputation for having good BBQ. I've lived here all my life, and I've ate a lot of Texas BBQ. And I swear, I just don't get it. Most of it is highly overrated. And a lot of it is just downright lousy.

We have places where the line is wrapped around the corner. I've stood in a couple of those lines just to see what all the fuss was about, only to be extremely underwhelmed.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Virgs Sew n Sew

I was never a fan of bbg until we moved to Leavenworth.  It was about a half hour drive to KC and they have some incredible bbq joints there.  Gates is the one that comes to mind.  I'm now a die-hard bbq girl and my preference is a dry rub.  I think it tastes better and, of equal importance, you don't have rub running down to your elbows when you finger-food it.

Virginia
Fuck this place.

Darren Henry

How is Oklahoma fairing with the weather? I haven't heard from crazy old Karen in ages but always worry about her large property. I believe she's in eastern OK.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!