Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 22, 2024, 08:23:38 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

End of the week humorous anecdote (Formerly: Friday Funny)

Started by sofadoc, March 04, 2016, 06:00:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveA

Keith
It's general discussion and it started as humor - which seems you're OK with.  You have cautioned previously what can be discussed - it won't change what folks want to talk about.  I wish there was more craft discussions but there isn't so let this be a bridge until a new craft topic is posted.

V
I like Bernie in lieu of Hilary - he is up front in his direction.  Trump and Hilary - can't we do any better !

SA

gene

QuoteCan we agree, as a group, to not have political discussions/comments here?

Obviously, no we can't.

There are so many other forums and blogs out there that have become total  s h i t  because of the politically charged abuse that goes on.

On a positive note, this post started out being about getting screwed, and at least it has stayed on topic.

And I think Steve has a point. If you are OK with someone posting a joke about a multiple amputee in a wheel chair with a big dick, what's wrong with someone posting how they actually think there's a chance in  h e l l  that the Democratic Party would even consider letting Bernie be the Democratic candidate. LOL. Now that's funny!

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Virgs Sew n Sew

Steve:

I agree 100% with your entire post.  If there was anger or hostility, it would definitely be out of place.  We are merely sharing ideas, thoughts and opinions and thus far it is done very respectfully so I don't see why there should be a problem.

Right now, due to e knee, I'm not doing much craft related so I'm paying much more attention to the primaries/caucuses.  Another 3 weeks or so when I can start doing stairs and putting weight on my leg, I won't have as much time to pay attention to this stuff so probably won't be as willing to embrace this discussion.

Again, as long as we are respectful and keep anger and hostility towards candidates/parties this should not be an issue.

I did find great humor in how the discussion came to be.

Virginia

sofadoc

OK, I've changed the last line of the joke to fit the way this topic has evolved.

Donald Trump leaned back in his wheelchair and said proudly "Well.... I nuked Russia, didn't I?"
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

SteveA

How can you open your eyes today in this climate and not be exposed to politics.  Maybe not the best place here to discuss as mentioned but respect as V says (TRUMPS) topic.  The radio stations and TV channels are carrying this stuff non stop.  Needless to mention that I tune in to listen without pause.  For me it's all day long lately.  Red eye radio over nite - Simione, Levin, Rush, during the day then O'Reilly and Hannity on at nite -  I'm totally absorbed in this crap ! 

Yesterday my Wife says have you ever been to Joann's ?  I said no - I've ordered stuff on line but never went to a physical store.  She says " there's a new Joann's that opened up on the main drag."    OK Honey - lets go look.  It's convenient   - expensive; but if you run out of something they are open until 9pm - it's a huge store and gives customers another place to go get their own fabric.  Her radio station used to be on the oldies but when I got in her car she had it on Fox -

SA