Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:51:18 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Upper Deck Revisited

Started by Virgs Sew n Sew, November 04, 2015, 08:49:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgs Sew n Sew

Hopefully y'all remember the pics I posted of the work I did at The Upper Deck a couple of years back (black and silver booths/seats/bar rails).  The original owner lost his pants as the saying goes and it was sold and reopened as A.J.'s Flying Donkey (I think).

Yesterday we had our front storm door/screen door and side lights replaced.  All original, circa 1930, and you could see the cold air coming in through the cracks where the door met the jam.  So Bob's little brother, George, called earlier in the day to gossip.  I told him about the work going on and he just couldn't stand to not be in on it.  He's too funny.  He was out of town on sales calls but as soon as he got back into town, he came by to see how the doors were coming along.

We were banned from the living room, including dogs and they were NOT happy, so sat around the dining room table drinking coffee and carrying on.  We were talking about the Indian restaurant I did the draperies for and then just went on from there.  George asked me if A.J.'s had reopened and I told him that they had.  Well, George never calls it A.J.'s or the Flying Donkey but instead a slang name for a sexual act (don't want to type it).  So George & I kind of went in the gutter from there for a while about the Donkey. 

George went back to work and I went back downstairs to work.  Came up as the installers were getting done.  One asked us about the Indian Restaurant and Bob told him that I had sewn the curtains so then the guy asks Bob what all I do.  He's telling the guy while I went downstairs to get him a business card to give him.  After they left, Bob said "You are going to love this.  Tim (installer) is the new owner of A. J.'s Flying Donkey".  If I had false teeth, I would have lost them.  Bob said that he told Tim that I had done all of the upholstery work and to not hesitate to call if anything needs to be repaired or replaced.  I called George later in the evening to tell him.  We were both just dying about it.  He chuckled and said "Well, I guess you don't need to worry about A.J.'s calling you."  Time will tell on that.

I did find it too funny and as the saying goes "Small World".

Virginia