Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 13, 2024, 03:18:53 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Throw Back Tuesday

Started by kodydog, October 27, 2015, 06:32:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kodydog

I was searching for suppliers of down inserts in the archives and came across this.
http://www.upholster.com/upholstery-forum/index.php?topic=9271.0
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

kodydog

October 27, 2015, 06:42:24 pm #1 Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 06:43:49 pm by kodydog
We were quoted $712 with shipping from Dewoolfson. 8" crown 20/80 mix. One long cushion 22" X 69". We already quoted the customer $650 thinking we would make a little profit. Its been a while, is this the going rate?
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

gene

Throw back! Funny.

I've used these folks many times in the past. It's been about 2 years since the last time so I can't give you an idea of their current prices.

http://www.albanyfoam.com/

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

October 28, 2015, 06:35:55 am #3 Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 07:44:40 am by sofadoc
Quote from: kodydog on October 27, 2015, 06:42:24 pm
We were quoted $712 with shipping from Dewoolfson. 8" crown 20/80 mix. One long cushion 22" X 69". We already quoted the customer $650 thinking we would make a little profit. Its been a while, is this the going rate?
Wow! I guess I better do my homework before I quote next time.

When customers ask for a price on similar size down cushions, I usually something like "Oh.......it'll probably be $300 or $400". That's always enough to discourage them.

The conversation quickly shifts back to foam........or they run home and round up some old feather pillows, and expect me to tickle their ass (throwback to old thread).

Speaking of TBT, here's yours truly from '74.  First girl, first car. She was way too fast for me (so was the car).

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

SteveA

Doc - if not for the car you couldn't stand on your own - First Joint ?

SA

brmax

That might very well be first car and last girl also?, I'm not thinking his knee on that Steve so! they call that hootie knee down there I think, smokes rollin out the windr I can see.

sofadoc

Sorry guys, but I've never even held a joint in my hand in my entire life. Not even a sip of beer.

This proves one thing..........you don't have to be on drugs in order to have a stupid look on your face.

byhammerandhand

Man, I've done a lot of joints in my life -- miters, dovetails, mortise and tenon, rabbet, dado, butt, dowel, biscuit, tongue & groove, spline, keyed miter...   Oh, wait, maybe you're talking about something different?

Quote from: sofadoc on October 28, 2015, 01:32:00 pm
Sorry guys, but I've never even held a joint in my hand in my entire life. Not even a sip of beer.

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

SteveA

Keith you get your contact high from finishes and thinners so we know why you are always smiling.
Doc - that's incredible  - we may have to add a prefix from now on Rev Doc !

Did you ever smoke a cigar or cigarettes ? 

byhammerandhand

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

sofadoc

Quote from: SteveA on October 29, 2015, 11:39:33 am
Doc - that's incredible 
Did you ever smoke a cigar or cigarettes ? 
Nope, never. Not because I have any kind of high morals. I just saw what booze and cigarettes did to family members, and chose to become addicted to pizza instead.

Now at 57, and borderline type 2 diabetes, am I really any better off health wise? Probably not.

Pick your poison, I guess.

SteveA

Well - better off in that we're still on this side of the grass and made it this far.

I do need replacement parts here and there but O'Bama's OOP is too steep right now. 
SS may be the answer - 6-1/2 years away for me. 

Florida's winters are better than NY so something to smile about - feel good !

Regards,
SA