Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 09:01:54 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

1541 s juki problems

Started by dodgetruck, September 25, 2015, 11:12:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgetruck

I have a 1541s  juki that's been having problems since new,, i set the timing exactly how the book says,2.1 mm after bottom center in center of the needle, total needle bar length of 56.55 mm. needle about .001 away from needle ,, it cuts the bobbin thread off in reverse [lock stitch] plus unwinds the bobbin,, bobbin thread on correctly,,i've tried all thread tightness adjustments. help,,what am i doing wrong ??

brmax

October 02, 2015, 08:46:35 am #1 Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 05:49:10 am by brmax
Welcome to the site
Sorry didn't see posting earlier, I take it you have one of the Juki manuals that's cool.
Still running a 135x17 needle system, as with that bar height and if hook point is in center of scarf on needle when stitch dial is set on 0.
This is a straight S model, not a S 7or 6 as on my wishlist.
I found for myself no matter what adjustment it worked out best to do the gamit in the manual, each step because I always ran into something or at my stage learned something new.
I have the 41, 41S, 08NH and very happy with them.
For myself I have time to work through some machine and shop build issues, when some others its all out stitchin time with a table full of fabrics and clients ringing the phone at any one point that afternoon.
So where are ya today with the machine.

Its good to hear you got some information over at Leather worker, a great bunch over there having many specialties and working together.
The trades like these having interest sure are welcome for further questions and interest sharing.
Good day there
Floyd