Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 05:16:36 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Fein / Bosch

Started by SteveA, September 15, 2015, 09:52:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveA

It's quiet here lately - holiday time ?  Pope is  coming ? Flu shots ? New dog food ?   Anybody Home ?

Years ago I purchased the Fein detail sander.  Great tool for sanding filled in repairs - putties - bondo - and sanding into corners.  Then they came out with the oscillating blades for the sander and the Fein tool required an adapter to use the cutting blades.  The adapter was never that good - it slipped.  Last week I purchased the Bosch a dedicated oscillating tool  - worth getting if you don't have one - the Multi X tool kit on Amazon runs about $ 129.00. 
This is one of my favorite tools for controlled cutting - easy to use - no chance of grabbing or pulling out of the cut and ruining a finished area - comes with a variety of blades -  get the corded one -  it's made very well - solid and powerful -
SA

byhammerandhand

Yeah, I bought the Fein a few years ago when it was the only game in town.   Then their patent expired and everyone jumped in.

I bought it mostly for detail sanding.   I found it left a lot of scratches and was not that useful in the triangle pad mode.   And the cove and bead sander did slip a lot.

Carpenters and handymen tell me it's one of their favorite tools.    Meh, I must have different job needs.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

SteveA

You'd think they'd figure out a way to manufacture garnet paper for the tool ?

Steve

stickandtin

I restore vintage trailers. Bought my first Fein multi-tool three years ago and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. Liked it so much I bought a second one that had the improved quick attach lever instead of the screw and allen wrench way of securing the attachments.