Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:53:49 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

boxed cushion blues

Started by lizzieb, September 08, 2015, 08:42:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lizzieb

I am working on a boxed cushion with fabric provided by the client.  It is more like drapery fabric lots of stretch to it. My problem is trying to get the plates to line up. The corners and middle are matching up nicely but the top is ending up being 1-1/2" longer when I am done. I cut them out at the same time and they are the right size. Any tricks or tips would be greatly appreciated.

MinUph

Tack the center with a few stitches then the corners. Then start from center and stretch to the corner and sew.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

lizzieb

Darren Henry

Another option is to staple (or pin) the top plate in place before you start sewing. I find it much faster than transferring a bunch of reference marks.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!