Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 13, 2024, 03:22:57 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Bad week to be a snow ball

Started by Darren Henry, August 15, 2015, 08:02:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Henry

August 15, 2015, 08:02:26 am Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 07:02:28 am by Darren Henry
I wish all the people who have said they were reluctant to visit Canada because of the "cold" had been here this week. We where in the 30's (90's F) all week but yesterday was hot! I haven;t heard the official stat from environment Canada , but we did break the old record of 35.7*C. My thermometer at work has both scales on it. At coffee time yesterday afternoon  it was 28/83 * in the shop. I set it out in the shade when I went up to the big house for coffee and came back to a reading of 37/100. Reports were that with the humidity we were at least 40 or 105*F.

My neighbour is from Honduras (been here 2 years) and he found it uncomfortably warm and muggy Thursday at 34*. Didn't bump into him last night, but saw him drive by with his tongue hanging out the window and I think he was panting LOL.

How was the weather in your area? Please include area for those who might not know where you are.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Virgs Sew n Sew

Middle of the U.S.A. - Grand Island, NE.  Our projected high today is 91 F -- We've been mid 80's for the last week and have been able to turn the air off and open windows 8 or 8:30 at night and not close house until mid morning.  This is NOT typical August weather.  I'm figuring that we will have a horribly hot September.  Meanwhile I'm loving this weather.  It was perfect for Monday and Tuesday when we had workers over installing our new floor.  Could not run the air those two days as the front door was wide open since they were cutting wood on the front porch.  We were comfortable until early afternoon and they left 3 one day and 1:30 the other day so not bad at all.  We rapidly closed the house once they left and turned on the air, then kicked back to enjoy our new flooring in the LR/DR.

Virginia

SteveA

Here in the big apple today it's 90 degrees and high dew point.  However this past week the mornings and nights are cool in the 70's.  Seems like the days are shorter and summer is ending.  Usually I like the truck windows open when driving but with this dew point high I have been running the air conditioner all week when driving.  Also notice I've put away a few extra beers this week - not while driving of course !

SA

byhammerandhand

The last half of the week was wonderful weather, especially considering it's the middle of August.   So nice, we took off on a spur-or-the-moment camping trip.   Got hot and humid today as we left.

Monday this week was a real scorcher.   I seem to remember the dew point was in the mid 70s which the weather guy called tropical and oppressive.  I was doing some light outside work and dripping sweat like crazy.  About 4 pm I quit, took a cold shower and still was dripping for the next couple o hours.

Cincinnati area - SW corner of Ohio along the Ohio River.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

kodydog

Here in north central Florida the unbearable temperatures starts in July and continue through September. Highs in the mid 90's and lows in the 70's. The weatherman gives the same report every day. 60% chance of rain. Lol. Nobody would live in Florida if it weren't for two things. Air conditioning and window screens. Most people never open their windows. We suffer through summer to get to our favorite time of year, winter.

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Mike

yes the everyone seems to think this summer has been hotter and we just broke a 112 year rainfall record. 6 more week to October

Darren Henry

I was doing some light outside work and dripping sweat like crazy.

I had to set up one of our rental campers at the keystone centre (arena/curling ring/ag. grounds/etc..) after work Friday. I was sweating so hard that my clothes were stuck to me and i couldn't see to hook up the water line from all the sweat running into my eyes.

Don't get me wrong---I know that summer is short and that the 20+below isn't far away, but I'm happy that there is a bit of moderation coming this week.

Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

gene

August 16, 2015, 09:27:44 am #7 Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 09:29:20 am by gene
There's no chance in 'h' 'e' double hockey sticks that I could ever be a snow ball.

----------------------------------------

QuoteMan it's hot. It's like Africa hot. Tarzan couldn't take this kind of hot.

Eugene Morris Jerome in the movie Biloxi Blues.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Mike

Quote from: Darren Henry on August 16, 2015, 07:19:54 am
I was doing some light outside work and dripping sweat like crazy.

I was sweating so hard that my clothes were stuck to me and i couldn't see to hook up the water line from all the sweat running into my eyes.

Don't get me wrong---I know that summer is short and that the 20+below isn't far away, but I'm happy that there is a bit of moderation coming this week.

welcome to my world.... well summer working at my house today I hgad to change t shirts 3 times .  now come October it get real comfy

Mike

Darren Henry

Now that's just brutal man!Probably makes you wish you had kept "the summer place" in NH LOL.

Mike

seems like we never got sun there Darren , Laconia bike week in the spring , it was garrentied  to rain.   the heat aint to bad once you get acclimated to it.   don't get me wrong its hot and sweaty if mowing the lawn. but you would be running insode if you came here for a day. ive had 11 years to get used to it / but yes sunday I did some work outside . got my shirts littlerly soaked a hose could be worse changed went to luncg morw work on my dock changed my shirt and did some work in the pm on my boat finished and chanfed again.

what yeally vad is when you sweat so bad your shorts and underwear gets wet.

I knew a nice older lady  from Kentucky in NH who would say " Its a roll down your underwear day"  when I got to florida I fond out what she meant lol

Virgs Sew n Sew

Low last night was 52.  High today is predicted 72.  August in Nebraska????  This is NOT the Nebraska that I grew up in!

Virginia

Darren Henry

Quotewhat yeally vad is when you sweat so bad your shorts and underwear gets wet.

Yeah,---even with a generous dusting of Gold Bond there was some nasty chaffing going on that week. I don't wear shorts out in public, so getting home and peeling my work pants off and crawling into a pair was the highlight of my day(s) LOL.

We've been closer to seasonal this week---mercifully. Mid to high 70's on the old scale or around 25*C.

So Virginia---What is "normal" for Nebraska this time of year? BTW; are the farmers there harvesting (or finished?) cereal crops? It's early for us but we had an early spring and canola is in full harvest and the cereals (wheat, oats, etc...) are ramping up in the southern part of the province.

Virgs Sew n Sew

Darren:

The air should be cranked up full blast.  We don't generally open the house even at night in August.  Range of temp is mid 80's to low 100's.  Made worse by the heat indices.  Some days you don't even want to open the door as there is so much heat and moisture that you can't even breathe.

Corn and wheat are our main crops.  Much of the corn around here is grown for cattle feed (best marbling in meat comes from corn fed cattle).  September is our big month for harvesting though if it is really a wet fall, I've seen farmer's harvesting in the snow.  That always gives me a chuckle or two.

I actually wore long pants and a long sleeved top all day.  Thought I might need to change into shorts and a short sleeved top but I never got that warm.  I was mostly running the embroidery machine.  Not at all like stretching vinyl as far as getting into a good lather.

Virginia