Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 13, 2024, 01:29:52 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Staple Remover

Started by Mojo, August 14, 2015, 11:04:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

byhammerandhand

August 15, 2015, 03:25:27 pm #15 Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 03:26:50 pm by byhammerandhand
That's my go-to puller too.   But I've never figured out what the saw tooth is for.

Since I do repair work, I often just have to open an edge and reuse the fabric and find this is the kindest, gentlest stapler puller.

Quote from: SteveA on August 15, 2015, 01:33:25 pm
My favorite is the Osborn with the saw tooth side.  That's in one hand and a wire cutter in the other. I grind the edge of the wire cutter to a point and dull the cutting edge.    I use the wire cutter to tap the wood handle of the saw tooth puller and if the staple is stubborn the wire cutter grabs the leg.
I can't resist tools but this one isn't getting a good review here  - guess I'll hold off and save some money -

SA

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

gene

August 15, 2015, 03:46:39 pm #16 Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 03:47:43 pm by gene
QuoteBut I've never figured out what the saw tooth is for.

If you have a staple sticking up with only one of the legs sticking in the wood, put that staple in one of the saw teeth. Press the staple down onto the staple puller with the thumb on the hand that is holding the staple puller. Twist the staple puller and voila! The staple comes out of the wood.

Release your thumb from holding the staple. Watch as the staple falls to the floor. Forget about the staple until a homeowner points out that you are putting scratch marks on their newly finished wood flooring. Take off your shoe. See the staple sticking in your shoe. Pull out your staple remover. Put the staple in one of the saw teeth. Press the staple down onto the staple puller with the thumb - well you get the idea.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!