Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:38:08 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

few jobs from this summer

Started by Mike, August 01, 2015, 04:36:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Henry

Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Darren Henry

I remember seeing these WAY before I was allowed to cook toast. LOL. I had to have it when I saw it. Works great, although I don't use it other than to show off or if I slice the home made bread too thick LOL.

Okay ---goin' for three. Somebody get Chris or June on speed dial ---I might just be being an idiot. Profile wiped out old pic. I can't get it take new one. I f no pic shows up in aviatar please send instructions.

Here is what I wanted to change it to;

Saw this at the drug store back in the town I grew up in while at my nephews wedding July 4 (just a Saturday for us---confederation was July 1) and had to have it.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Darren Henry

Virgs Sew n Sew

Quote from: Darren Henry on August 07, 2015, 06:09:24 pm
SCREW THIS!!! I  give up!

LOL Darren!

I did have to clean my monitor off after reading this, seeing how I spewed hot coffee all over it.  At least it didn't die like my freakin' Apple after getting about a tablespoon of coffee spilled on it.  GRRRR.

Virginia

Darren Henry

At least some one is getting some entertainment out of my predicament.

Where in photobucket do I copy the "www.example.jpg.url" that they are looking for when I paste beside " I have my own picture" before I hit "change profile"?

Virgs Sew n Sew

Darren:

I cannot answer that question.  I'm still trying to figure out how to size a picture down so that I meet the pixel requirements.  Hard to imagine, sometimes, that I used to be a computer geek.  But I was a mainframe weenie.

As far as entertainment out of your predicament, just remember I lost a less than 3 month old laptop due to no more than a tablespoon of coffee hitting the keyboard.  I've seen windows based computers in a flooded out store fire right up once they had dried out, without losing a single file.  Still cannot believe that stupid Apple puked and died.  Oh, and my $300 extended warranty doesn't cover "accidental water damage".  Then the salesman had the nerve to suggest that I just buy a new one rather than plunk down $900 to maybe fix it.  Bob bought me a notebook (think that is what it is).  He said pretty much all it will do is internet which is all I need since I have my tower down in Sew & Sew land.  Just miss not being able to surf the web in the evenings.  Hope to receive my new whatever it is by the weekend.  Will work out nicely since we're in crazy land again this week.  New floors being installed in the living room dining room starting this morning.  Bob & I had a fun filled weekend moving furniture around to empty the living room.  My back is particularly grumpy this morning.  Just have the 7' credenza that holds all the electronics to move and the installers get that pleasure.  At $20 per piece of furniture they touch, we decided to live with the aches and pains and only have them move what is absolutely necessary.

Gotta get in and out of the shower so Bob can shower and be dressed by 8 as well.  Also have a contractor coming over to price the bathroom/changing area off Sew & Sew land.  This is probably not going to be a fun place to be in about 2 hours.  Definitely not a productive week.  Hope to embroider some shirts but not counting on it. 

Virginia

Darren Henry

QuoteSCREW THIS!!! I  give up!

Y'all knew failure was not an option, right? MISSION,MISSION,MISSION. Nothing wrong with a little temper tantrum if time allows though LOL. {Virg---wipe your screen,wink}.

For those of you playing the home version of this game; here's what finally worked:
>Went to my profile here and clicked on the forum information under modify profile
>Wiped out the "http// blah blah" completely.
>Opened photobucket in a new page and found my pic.
>opened the pic from the thumbs view and right clicked.
>selected "copy image location"
>Back to this site's page , selected " I have my own picture" and pasted to that field.
> scrolled down and hit change my profile.
>Budda boom--there is my pic and saying but it doesn't show when I return to the main board.
>left the site and restarted ol' skylab here and we're sunshine and lollipops.

Hope this helps someone out. They can send me some Tim bits---, eh!

Mike

Quote from: Virgs Sew n Sew on August 10, 2015, 03:50:31 am
Darren:

I'm still trying to figure out how to size a picture down so that I meet the pixel requirements.

Virginia here is a easy site to resize and more I think you need 110x100 pikles for your avatar
http://ipiccy.com/