Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:14:59 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

few jobs from this summer

Started by Mike, August 01, 2015, 04:36:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

pontoon upholstery and top

some covers

SteveA

Mike
That work was so nice I almost ordered prints on photobucket
SA

Virgs Sew n Sew

Gorgeous!

I did some upholstery for a pontoon that looked very similar to the first picture but I only had the three seats and backs.  Pretty sure it is the same color.

Finished the "Husker" boat Friday.  The owners came by yesterday to see the back to backs.  Thought that all four of their tongues were going to hit the pavement when they saw them.  The seats are drop dead gorgeous, if I do say so myself!  Seriously, once we had the 4 pieces together and on the bases, my first thought was "Man, I did this?  Cool!"  They are going to pick them up Tuesday or Wednesday evening.  When they come to pick them up, they are going to tow the boat, which has been freshly painted husker red.  Also put new carpet in, don't know what color.  Anyway, they will put the back to backs in the boat, just not bolted, so that I can take pictures of the seats in the boat. 

He has a white canvas canopy, not real white at the moment.  He's going to bleach it and then drop it off when they bring the boat.  I've got some "Husker Red" canvas that we are going to fashion a "Husker N" out of and then trim it in black and that will be centered on the canvas.  There's a small rectangular piece of upholstery completely missing that they want me to fashion something for it out of the canvas as well.  Will post pictures of the boat later this week (after I've seen it).

Virginia

Darren Henry

Great work as always 'bro!!!

You still own any long johns? You should come up here and teach me a few tricks this winter to avoid those annoying snow birds. We'll go ice fishing. I've got two great recipes.

1) carefully scrape the snow off a large piece of ice, rinse with warm water. Do not dry. Put on skates and stockings, grab a stick and have a fist fight while trying to score. We call it hockey.

2) dissolve 2-3 cubes of ice in single malt Scotch whiskey. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GET YOUR VAN OFF THE ICE ROAD. Enjoy.  
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Darren Henry

QuoteFinished the "Husker" boat Friday.

HIGH FIVE. Jumping in circles like Joe for 'ya. I'll bet that feels goood!!!to have that big job done,and I'm sure it looks amazing. Can't wait to see the pics.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

August 02, 2015, 02:27:34 pm #5 Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 02:30:07 pm by Mike
steve I have better pics

0nature/th_C0FB793F-B2D8-4535-9D52-D5542BAAAAA9_zpsqsyutxrq.mp4[/IMG][/URL]

Virginia too bad they don't replace the old top if your going to do a custom logo on it ... just sayin'
Darren ive been cooking a lot of storebought fish latly for better eating, I need to get out and catch my own this season  ive got a spare room but im done ice fishing sorry

Darren Henry

If I was allowed in your country I'd take you up on that spare room about half past Feb.LOL

I don't think I'll ever be "done" ice fishing---but now I drive up to the shack, fire up the gas auger and the torpedo heater. grin.

Mike

I used to love sitting righ in the front line of those Darren. getting warmed up my dad used to call them salimanders I don't know why and cant ask now?  I used to go out with my FIL ice fishing no shack just sitting on the ice hed sty till dark thirty. long after I was ready to go, we used to go out of glouster mass tuna fishing with harpoon and hand lines for those blue fins like on wicked tuna 

NDAV8R

Strive for Perfection...Settle for Excellence!

Darren Henry

QuoteI used to love sitting righ in the front line of those Darren.

They're good and dryer than propane appliances, but a wood stove is the best. Dry heat you can cook on or brew up some tea/perk some coffee. Anybody still remember when the coffee perk went on top of the stove ??? Totally different taste---especially in the bush.

Mike

SteveA

Virgs Sew n Sew

Mom had a stove percolator when I was little.  At some point in time, she got a plug-in percolator.  I used to love and watch the coffee perk through the clear top of the percolator lid.  I thought it was most cool.  I'm sure she slapped my hand to keep me from lifting the lid so that I could see better.  I think the real perked coffee smells so much better than either of our methods now (Keurig or coffee pot).  I'm not sure that I ever drank any of her coffee so I have no basis of comparison as far as taste but man I used to love smelling coffee perking.  One of my favorite growing up memories is the smell of that coffee.

Virginia

Darren Henry

Just took a quick pic of the perks I have in the motorhome. My bigger one is (was\0 in the slide in that the BIL is using. The little electric on the left is rated 4 cup/requires no monitoring ( if I'm ---ughhmm busy when it needs turned down) / and runs on my little inverter if required.

Mike I have the matching toaster to Mom's perk.

Darren Henry

Houston---we have a problem. Some glitch with photobucket. Actual pictures of a toaster and new avaitar photo to follow. wait out.