Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 01:47:50 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

BIG Change for me.

Started by cajunpedaler, June 30, 2015, 06:42:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cajunpedaler

For the last dozen years, I've driven a Honda Odyssey.  They are wonderful vehicles.  For something as big as they are, the MPG's are decent.  On long hiway trips, I can get 24/25 MPG. 
But the latest van is a 2001, she has 240,000 miles on her and she is starting to have a few hiccups.  Plus, we live way out in BFE and going to town and back is quite a haul, so I've been thinking of getting a smaller vehicle and racking up better mileage. 
The vehicle in mind is a Honda Fit.  The smallest Honda.  It has quite an impressive cargo area, but sofas are out of the question for pickup and delivery. 
I'm not stressing over this like I thought I would. 
Has anyone gone down to a smaller vehicle and how did it impact your business?
I've had a Honda Fit before, a 2008, but it didn't have telescoping steering wheel and was damned uncomfortable to get arms/legs comfortable length to drive.
This new one I'm getting has that feature and it makes all the difference in the world.
Perry
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success. If at first you fail, redefine failure.

kodydog

June 30, 2015, 07:12:29 pm #1 Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 07:14:12 pm by kodydog
We bought Rose a new to us car this year. We looked at a new Fit. The funny thing when negotiating with a dealer is they don't want to talk price but only financing. They will finance it for 7 years if it will fit your budget. We took it for a test drive and was impressed with all the options and it drove good but damn its a small car. Rose is small and the car fit her perfect. But I was thinking I'd hate to get hit by something big while driving it.

Her dream car was the Subaru Outback but we couldn't find one in our budget. Owners drive them till they die.

We opted for a 3 year old Rav4 with 19k miles. The gas mileage isn't as good but the cargo space is much larger. We needed something that could fit two dog crates and have used it several times for small deliveries.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

I came home the other day, and found a 2015 fully loaded ruby red Mustang convertible parked in the garage.

I always thought it was supposed to be the husband who went through a 2nd childhood.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

kodydog

YOUR WIFE BOUGHT YOU A MUSTANG! You are one lucky dude.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

Quote from: kodydog on June 30, 2015, 07:30:16 pm
YOUR WIFE BOUGHT YOU A MUSTANG! You are one lucky dude.

Are you kidding? I don't even have a key to it. I have to wipe my feet before I can even walk close to it.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Mike

sofa no messing with the seat and radio presets hey?  lol

SteveA

Somehow I think Mrs. Doc has a plan to help you contribute to the new toy
SA

Darren Henry

QuoteThe vehicle in mind is a Honda Fit.  The smallest Honda.  It has quite an impressive cargo area, but sofas are out of the question for pickup and delivery.

I'm not familiar with the vehicle,but wonder what if any towing capacity it has. I think one of those small aluminum cargo trailers would be the ticket for bulky items like that.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

if I bought a van again id get a Chrysler town n county of a dodgew caravan, I love the sto n go seats tat fold away under the floor. the mpg want bad either, im sure not the best but beter then my ram 2500

gene

I bought a use Chrysler Town and Country two months ago. The Dodge Caravan is the same body.

I do not like Pick up and Delivery, but I think I would loose business if I did not provide it. Moving companies charge 3 times what I charge. I still try to "not give it away", but I certainly don't make a lot of money off of it.

Many homeowners who reupholsterer are older folks, and offering Pick up and Delivery for a nominal charge is a great plus to help get the business.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!