Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:56:25 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Job applicants

Started by byhammerandhand, June 30, 2015, 05:23:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

byhammerandhand

"We ask prospective job applicants at our business to fill out a questionnaire. For the line 'Choose one word to summarize your strongest professional attribute.' One woman wrote, 'I'm very good at following instructions.'"

Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

SteveA

I'm thinking there's potential there  !  Did you ask the applicant if she minds having her hands in paint remover most of the day ?

SA

Darren Henry

Reminds me of a "test" our science teacher handed out back in high school. The instructions were to go through and read ALL the questions first---then proceed. The final "question" on page two was instructions that if we had followed his instructions we did not have to answer any of the questions as the test was to see who followed instruction. Use the remainder of the class to do the home work project I gave you at the start of class. Thank gawd for a long memory (at least back then) and an older sister who didn't think it was very funny the year before. grin.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

byhammerandhand

I remember having a test like that.   Some of the steps were things like punch three holes in the upper left corner of the sheet, draw a flag, etc.

Quote from: Darren Henry on June 30, 2015, 03:19:00 pm
Reminds me of a "test" our science teacher handed out back in high school. The instructions were to go through and read ALL the questions first---then proceed. The final "question" on page two was instructions that if we had followed his instructions we did not have to answer any of the questions as the test was to see who followed instruction. Use the remainder of the class to do the home work project I gave you at the start of class. Thank gawd for a long memory (at least back then) and an older sister who didn't think it was very funny the year before. grin.
Keith

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

bobbin

I was in 3rd. grade when I took the test Darren mentioned.  I was totally freaked out that I was the only kid "doing nothing"... I fumbled, looked nervously around until I met the teacher's eyes.  She smiled, blinked slowly and I nervously settled down. 

I was one of maybe 2 other kids who did nothing except get freaked out.  I've never forgotten the experience.  Nor have I ever forgotten the importance of "reading the directions"!!!

"LISTEN"  or, "READ".  Or follow the herd... possibly over the cliff.  You have a choice. 

sofadoc

I don't remember that test. Probably because I didn't finish answering all the questions before the time ran out.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

bobbin

gene

May have told this one before. It doesn't matter. Whether it's a redo or not, I'll still enjoy telling it a lot more than you will enjoy reading it.  :)

Back in my salesman days, I'm sitting in a companies' lobby in Arbor, Mi., waiting for the Purchasing Manager.

There's another guy sitting in the lobby filling out an employment application. He goes up to the receptionist and inquires about the statement on the application that says to write down any felony convictions. He asks if he should write down all of them. The receptionist says "yes".

A few minutes later he goes up to the receptionist and asks if it's OK to write on the back of the application paper. The receptionist says "yes". The receptionist and I DID NOT make eye contact. We were both afraid that we would start laughing and that guy might have yet another felony. (I talked with her after my appointment.) :o

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

councilxvb32

good luck

Motorcycles,Scooters and ATVs shop, megamotormadness
http://www.megamotormadness.com

gene

I do not reupholster motorcycles, scooters, or ATVs. I do have a kind of madness though. It's certainly mega, but with no motor.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

byhammerandhand

July 08, 2015, 03:11:48 pm #10 Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 03:12:34 pm by byhammerandhand
If I didn't think I'd never see the money again or end up with a Delorean, I'd get a reservation for one of these.
https://www.startengine.com/startup/elio-motors

Topic drift?  What topic drift?
Keith