Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:09:58 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Would Anyone Be Willing To Share What They Charge

Started by jojo, June 26, 2015, 08:42:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo

For a bimini, another aft bimini, and enclosure for a 26 ft. boat? The frame already exists, so this is just a fabrication of canvas. Enclosure includes the windshield with rollup center, two side curtains, then the two side curtains that zip to the aft bimini (these have windows with screens), an aft curtain with a zippered door and a large smile window with screen.

Would appreciate any feedback. This is only my second one, and I feel like I grossly undercharged for it.

Thanks in advance.

bobbin

I work, "stock and time".  I have sewn professionally for 35 yrs. now and have a pretty good sense of how long it takes to accomplish the work requested, so I rarely "lose" money, even though I may "take it on the chin" with respect to the profit I generally make on work. 

I know how to pattern and construct biminis, dodgers, spray hoods, boom tents, etc., but I don't know how to bend frames for new projects, nor am I interested in learning at this stage of my career (too labor intensive). 

I get paid for my time and whatever materials must be used to accomplish the desired result.  If you follow that basic recipe you'll come out a winner.  Estimate your labor "high"... installation always takes up more time than too many think it will!  Be "brutal" in your estimate; the numbers don't lie.