Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:34:56 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Something occurs to me

Started by sofadoc, June 25, 2015, 04:07:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sofadoc

On the court house square around the corner from my shop, protesters are fighting for their rights by standing there all day waving Dixie flags. Some of them are circling the court house in their pickup trucks with giant flags strapped to the back.

The statement they're trying to make, is that the flag isn't about racism, but about heritage. I don't have a strong opinion either way. And even if I did, I don't have enough life force to argue the point.

But what occurs to me.........why is it that the only people fighting this cause are rednecks in old pickup trucks? I never see any well dressed businessmen in a Lexus waving the Dixie flag. 
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

MinUph

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

kodydog

June 25, 2015, 06:05:25 pm #2 Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 06:11:06 pm by kodydog
I'm thinking the rednecks in old pickups have nothing to lose. The businessmen on the other hand....

When I was creating my business fb page a customer told me when she created hers one of her customers traced it back to her personal page. And found some political logs he didn't agree with. She was a little upset. Made me think I should delete all political posts on my personal page. Business decision.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

gene

June 25, 2015, 07:01:48 pm #3 Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 07:02:46 pm by gene
Yep, my thought also was that the Lexus driving persons in their business suits would lose their jobs.
-----------------------
Is it accurate to say that the rednecks driving their pickup trucks are not demanding entitlement, but rather, freedom?

And before anyone pulls out the race card, may I point out the historical fact that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. had a dream of freedom, not of entitlement.
---------------------
QuoteSome of them are circling the court house in their pickup trucks...

SofaD, I'll bet you $1.27 that they are driving making left hand turns around the court house.  :)
----------------------
I tread where others dare not.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

sofadoc

Quote from: gene on June 25, 2015, 07:01:48 pm
SofaD, I'll bet you $1.27 that they are driving making left hand turns around the court house.  :)
Well yeah........that happens to be how the traffic flow is configured around our court house. Four one-way streets counter clockwise.

BTW Our court house, including some fine upholstery work by yours truly are featured in the 1999 Hilary Swank movie Boys Don't Cry.

SteveA

Doc - that's obvious but profound " Life Force"  lack there of: I like that term. Describes my behavior at this point !   I've always paid attention but never divided my time for these causes.  Work - Work - Work only - cast my vote in November and hope for the best.  If you're like me and don't sleep the answer to your question can be found on Red Eye Radio.  Last night it was mostly about the ruling for the ACA -  let me know when those Court House walnut benches need refinishing -
SA

gene

Left hand turns - NASCAR? Hello?

gene

sofadoc

Quote from: gene on June 26, 2015, 05:53:49 am
Oh.......I get it now. Sorry, that one flew right over my head.

In my 57 years on this earth, I have yet to watch a full minute of NASCAR on TV. I've probably seen a grand total of 30 seconds only because the remote was beyond my reach.

I'm strictly a "stick and ball" sports fan. I can stay up till 3AM watching Holy Cross and Slippery Rock battle to a scoreless tie, but watching cars drive around in a circle numbs my wee little brain.

Well, gotta go now..........I think Honey Boo Boo is coming on.

bobbin

Lol.  Forrest Gump:  "stupid is as stupid does".

gene

June 27, 2015, 03:10:26 pm #9 Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 03:11:38 pm by gene
Here ya' go.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/motorsports/nascar-chairman-wants-confederate-flag-eliminated-at-races/ar-AAcel59?ocid=mailsignout

Now if we can only get the Confederate flag out of baseball! Maybe then Pete Rose will be reinstated.

gene

bobbin

No need for an apostrophe, Gene.

Mike

Quote from: sofadoc on June 26, 2015, 08:49:26 am
Quote from: gene on June 26, 2015, 05:53:49 am
Oh.......I get it now. Sorry, that one flew right over my head.

In my 57 years on this earth, I have yet to watch a full minute of NASCAR on TV. I've probably seen a grand total of 30 seconds only because the remote was beyond my reach.

I'm strictly a "stick and ball" sports fan. I can stay up till 3AM watching Holy Cross and Slippery Rock battle to a scoreless tie, but watching cars drive around in a circle numbs my wee little brain.

Well, gotta go now..........I think Honey Boo Boo is coming on.
funny sports of all kinds don't interest me, unless its fishing  is that a sport?  a fast hotrod draws me more then a TD ill take drag racing first mess boring . ive never watched a whole game of a race but I have watched an entire fishing show.