Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:43:48 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

The Web Site

Started by SteveA, June 05, 2015, 09:33:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveA

Maybe I just hadn't noticed until now but the header here has changed and for the better.  I kind of liked scrolling through the different selections for tools, supplies, motors, videos etc.   I noticed there was a  ripping hand tool which seems practical to have and I'm going to order it.  Can't turn down the chance to add another tool to the mix. I was looking for a link for dog cookies and dog training videos but I guess the web master hasn't linked those up yet.   There are numerous sites for craftsmen and I visit a few others but none better then this one !
SA

bobbin

I noticed the change, too, Steve.  :)  And I rather like it, too.

Dog training treats: 
1.)  long, loving look into eyes, followed by a blink that again opens with a loving gaze into canine eyes.
2.)  effervescent and lavish praise with targetted pats and caresses (sp. the head and ears)
3.)  a miniscule fragment of a some generic "dog biscuit". 

Mike

I noticed a change and the hand and threaqd logo..

SteveA

I ordered a tool from the web site - the price was right - easy on line form  - came in 2 days - thumbs up ROSTOV

Thanks,
SA

brmax

Yes I had noticed a change in the header style also.
Something I seem to think is that order filling and calls are rerouted to possibly a friend or affiliate company farther north in California ?
As I recall calling to ask if the standard Bea "newest style red trigger model" would be sent if ordered or if the "standard" one pictured with the original black metal trigger, and my call back days later response was all bea had the red handle ? .
I will make contact again on the next purchase as I would first like to support where I hang out.
This site has many great opportunities and glad I found it
Good day everyone

fragged8

hiya.
it's great that people want to support Ken , he provides this forum for free and it really is the best forum on the web for our trades.
I even bought a foam saw a while ago and it was delivered to the uk PDQ..

Richard

Mike

Rich Ken sold the site some time ago

Darren Henry

???? I remember Bobby [HD flame] taking over as administrator---I didn't know Ken had sold the web site.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

July 10, 2015, 07:58:59 pm #8 Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 08:00:27 pm by Mike
here was the news Darren a year ago
http://www.upholster.com/upholstery-forum/index.php?topic=13152.msg107367#msg107367

I don't knoe were bobby went

kodydog

Quote from: fragged8 on June 29, 2015, 09:34:22 am
hiya.
it's great that people want to support Ken , he provides this forum for free and it really is the best forum on the web for our trades.
I even bought a foam saw a while ago and it was delivered to the uk PDQ..

Richard

Fragged8 is a moderator too. Seams like he would have known if Ken was gone. Did he sell it or did the deal fall through?
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

sofadoc

I noticed that on the "Contact us" page, it still says:

"Material at this site ©1996-2015 by Ken Bowles"

But the owner is listed as Rostov Upholstery Supplies in San Francisco.

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Darren Henry

Thanks Mike. I missed that because I don't follow the "business of upholstery" board anymore now that I am a peon again.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

Quote from: Darren Henry on July 11, 2015, 07:47:04 am
now that I am a peon again.

it aint easy being at the bottom of the totem pole

Darren Henry

That's okay. I'm only at the bottom of the food chain until some thing/one screws up and mysteriously I'm constable responsible ----just not too close to payday. I might ask for at least a cost of living increase that I haven't seen in 5 + years.