Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:36:42 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

saddle inserts

Started by lizzieb, June 05, 2015, 08:52:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lizzieb

I am doing a couch that was originally done in red vinyl and it has embroidered saddles that the client wants inserted into the new vinyl. It was originally going to be done in red leather but the red was not a good match so they chose to go with a parchment colored vinyl fabric.
What is the best way to go about doing this?  The saddles are 18" wide and 12" high.  I have a thought of just telling them the material is just too old and I can get them embroidered on the new fabric (which I think will be alot easier to do).  Any suggestions?   

sofadoc

I would push them toward the new embroidery. Maybe tack the old one(s) on a little footstool if they have sentimental value.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

gene

I responded to this link earlier when posted elsewhere. I'll re post my idea to see if there might be any feedback.

I suggested that the embroidered saddles be used as the front panel for a pillow cover. The new vinyl can be used as the back panel. The welt cord can be either.

This would make two pillows to sit on the bench, reminding the owners of their previous cover.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

Darren Henry

I agree with what's already been said. BUT; if the customer is adamant about having them "sewn in" , I would cut from top to bottom a strip and sew the new vinyl on the sides. Kinda like a Canadian flag with the colours in wrong.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!