Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:06:43 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

How high's the water,Dennis

Started by Darren Henry, May 25, 2015, 05:56:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Henry

I hear there is some serious flooding in south Texas, Arkansas, etc... If it made the news and weather channels up here it must be significant. 

How is every body down there doing? You okay Dennis? Is it heading for Florida? Any body heard from Oklahoma? I haven't had a chance to look it up with everything going on here tonight. [Busy-- no drama] but Winnie's been holding supper for an hour and a half. I'll check with you folks in the morning.

Till then hopes and best wishes.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

MinUph

Thats a good question for Dennis. The flooding in Texas is big as is everything there :). Not supposed to make it to florida. We get our own systems. I think the majority of it is heading north into the central states. But Texas looks scary on the news. Hope Dennis is alright.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

sofadoc

Water is topping the spillways of area lakes for the first time in 8 years. Plenty of more rain in the forecast for the next 7 days.

Flooding is definitely getting serious in many parts of the state. But not where I live. I'll be fine.

The roof on my building developed a few leaks during the winter freezes. I've already contracted to have it replaced as soon as it stops raining. It doesn't leak during heavy rains. Only when ice on the roof begins to thaw.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

Darren Henry

Glad to hear you're more or less unscathed. Seven days of rain might even give you a chance to catch up on those "when I get  a chance projects" LOL.

Your forecast made me think about Bill Cosby's stand up routine from the 70's about god telling Noah to build the ark. Noah argued that he wasn't going to until a large crack of thunder came, then his last word were " Hey god---what's a quibit?"
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

good to here you ok ,  and they were complaining of dry lake for a while.

when I read texas flood I couldn't resist sorry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3KTjeqltuQ