Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:44:33 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

sold my shop

Started by papasage, May 27, 2015, 05:01:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

papasage

i now  have to do  some  training  as the lady  knows n some but  still needs help was trying to  git a  idea  how much she  should pay me . any ideas would be appreciated .
just recovering 40 years

SteveA

As a consultant ?
Labor and consultant ?
I'm sure you want to see them succeed - so you're not out to gouge a new business owner -
Let them tell you to what degree they want help on a per day basis
SA

MinUph

Papa,
  Congratulations on the sale.
  The wage she pays you is really up to you and her. What have you discussed prior to the sale about this? If you do work for her you should be paid your going wage for your area. If you are training her I would think it could be less just to help her out for awhile.

Best of luck in your future.
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Mojo

I wish you the very best in your retirement Papa. May God Bless you with an enjoyable retirement
filled with many great memories.

Enjoy, you deserve it.

Chris

gene

Congratulations on selling your shop. That's something most folks are unable to do.

And best wishes for your retirement.

It would have been a good idea to have the details of your teaching to be a part of the sale. For example, you will be available to teach for this many months and will be paid this amount for every hour you are in her shop teaching.

Quotehow much she  should pay me
I agree with the consensus. Talk to her about it.

Can you contract, informally if you both want to, to agree to so many hours over a specific period of time? I would think that you would want an exit plan where you are no longer "on call".

From upholsterer to teacher to retirement. Sounds like a good plan to me.

gene
QUALITY DOES NOT COST, IT PAYS!

papasage

nothing here to compare  wages to in the upholster training to .was thinking   $15 .00  a hour would be a fair  salary .
just recovering 40 years

sofadoc

$15 hr. sounds more than fair as long as you're just teaching and overseeing her work.

If you end up doing the work yourself, then you should be paid a normal labor rate.
"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban