Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:35:00 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Fasnap "Premium" vs. "Economy" snaps

Started by Dede, May 15, 2015, 10:20:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Dede

In the past when I ordered snaps from Fasnap, they sent me "Premium".  I never specified, that's just what I got, so I assumed "Premium" was the default.  Fast track to today -->  they sent "Economy" so I called and asked if there is a quantitative difference:

1.  There is less brass.
2.  The nickel plating is the same.
3.  The dimensions are the same but the walls are thinner (because there is less brass).
4.  Premium and Economy can be used together in the same application.
5.  Premium is significantly more expensive, like 30% more.

Fasnap users... do you demand Premium snaps?  Or is Economy adequate for your needs?

Also, since I haven't ordered in a while, they dropped my 15% distributor discount. *whine*
West Village Studio
www.workroombuttons.com

Dede

Just got off the phone with Scovill (DOT).  They only make one "level" of quality.  I'm forwarding some Fasnap samples so they can match them to theirs.  They were unaware of Fasnap's two levels.

This is kinda nuts.  Scovill used to sell their own setting machine, but now sells Fasnap machines.

My head hurts.
West Village Studio
www.workroombuttons.com

bobbin

I do a lot of marine work.  I use DOT. 

Dede

Quote from: bobbin on May 15, 2015, 04:23:45 pm
I do a lot of marine work.  I use DOT. 

That's good to know - thanks.  I've used DOT 20L before, but not 24L (which is what I need).  I used to buy from Fasnap because I got a discount, but looks like those days are over.
West Village Studio
www.workroombuttons.com