Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 12:50:26 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Embroidery machine (not a monster one)

Started by cajunpedaler, March 17, 2015, 03:48:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cajunpedaler

I have always loved all machines that sew.  I've got 2 industrial machines, many sturdy home machines, 3 sergers, etc.  I am wanting an embroidery machine.  Not one that costs thousands of dollars...But I don't know what to look for or what to ask for.  Basically, I want one that I can program (through a card or usb?) to make little designs (no bigger than 1 1/2".
Any suggestions?
Perry
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success. If at first you fail, redefine failure.

MinUph

I've had 2 embroidery machine. The first was a Huskvarna that cost just over 2000.00 It was nice. The one I have now is a singer and it is also not bad. All these home sized machine require baby sitting when they sew. The Husk ran off a box I forget what it was called but you ran the embroidery file through this box to the machine. The singer hooks right up to the machine. My singer is a Futura 100 I believe the model number is. It is a really inexpensive one cost around 3-400 I forget. I have looked at brother machines and they are really nice. Never used one but they read well.

Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website

Darren Henry

QuoteBut I don't know what to look for or what to ask for.

You have two resources down there that have had been very well recommended on here, by customers. One is Bob and his son Bobbi from Toledo sales---I'm drawing a blank on the other one you people used to mention. [I'm in Canada so don't shop there] .

Hang tight, I'm sure someone will toss you a card soon. You may also find some facts from our host's banners at the top of the board.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!