Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:07:43 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

my boat restore project

Started by Mike, March 16, 2015, 06:09:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

March 16, 2015, 06:09:50 pm Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 06:16:52 pm by Mike
all but the little things

before

tore out the headliner

head hull and new cushion upholstery

repaired a soft spot in the floor and refinished with a wood floor

SteveA

I don't see a sewing machine - how are you going to work when you're on the boat ?
SA

kodydog

March 17, 2015, 05:21:37 am #2 Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 05:22:47 am by kodydog
No sewing machine but I can see a Margareta in one hand and a fishing pole in the other.  :D

Lookin good Mike.
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
http://northfloridachair.com/index.html

Darren Henry

Nice job Bud. The BBQ (big burning question) is "are you actually gonna take some time and use this one?". Your last one didn't know what gasoline tasted like LOL. And yes---mine is still sitting where I parked it when I brought it down here. These little flat land puddles that I grew up around just don't have the same draw after being on Lake of the Woods all those years.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

Mike

mu old one Darren I was too fat for getting arounf the console . lol

that y plan though to relax using it a little fishing  on the rear deck with a cold drink and my dogs.

oh and it is a good drive for john to work on has made him push himself a little

Mike

finished my cockpit coaming bolsters today

Mojo

Awesome job. Lets retire and go fishing..........:)

Chris

JuneC

Looks terrific Mike!  What a transformation.  You'd never know it was the same boat.  All set for summer fishing!

June
"Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people."

W. C. Fields

Mike

got the side panels covered and new helm seats are in

Mike

March 30, 2015, 06:14:27 pm #9 Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 06:15:19 pm by Mike
I didn't have much to do today after installing  some covers  so I refinished the boats dash and wired the bildge pump

tomorrow ive got a full workload

Mike

bought a used pair of SS deck chairs and recovered them

baileyuph

Nice presentation Mike, gives a good idea of the sewing involved - lots!

Where is a boat like this typically used, near coastal and larger lakes?  Noticed the two engines (how large - 125 hp each?). 

Full of questions mike, as it is something I am trying to compare to the inland user:  What is the length of the boat - 20 to 22 ft.?  What would be the age of the boat?  Noticed the steering wheel which appeared to be chrome - couldn't that get rather warm?

Here when recession hit and since, a lot of used boats have covered the market and some are in rather bad shape, especially the interiors.  Some have been going for very low prices, even less than a thousand for the whole works, boat motor(s), and trailer.  Like I said the do need work, particularly interior and canvas.

Again, great work and presented very well.  Now I can say what combing pads reference.  Not sure what they are called here - don't know for sure but possibly side pads.

Regarding the redo/repair market here, I can't say it is robust but just might have picked up a bit this spring.  Like I said, most really need it and almost pass out when the estimate is given.  Bass/recreational boats seem to be pretty popular in these surroundings.

Thans for showing,

Doyle

Mike

April 05, 2015, 05:09:48 pm #12 Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 05:11:14 pm by Mike
Doyle it is 28' overall

it has twin 200 HP yamahas, it is a offshore fishinh boat though im just looking to fish in the harbor and pass relaxed in a chair    this is were I like to fish charlotte harbor

the wheel is stainless ive never had a issue wit a hot wheel  if you have a black cover that was layitn on a SS railing in the sun then its like a frying pan when you grab it  but a whell dosnt really absorb heat being silver SS lit like it was painted blacl  I used to have a black powdercoated t top it never got hot like a black painted pipe would

ps it is a 95 wellcraft coastal

baileyuph

On the trailer it does look considerably longer than I said earlier.  Nice size, you can go out further if you want or stay inwards.

Thanks for the wheel explanation

Doyle

MinUph

Nice boat Mike, You did a fine job restoring it. What year is it? I hope you get a lot of use out of it. Is that a Teak floor in the cabin?
Paul
Minichillo's Upholstery
Website