Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 09:36:51 am

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Chiro Table Fabric

Started by jojo, March 14, 2015, 07:55:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jojo

The customer is asking about Heritage fabric. Anyone ever heard of it? I did a google search, and I can find where chiro upholsterers use it in their business, but I can't figure out where to get the fabric.
The claim is that this is not a type of vinyl, but a fabric in it's own class. I've been using Naugahyde Sta-Soft, but the customer is requesting this. It seems to hold up well, as he brought me a table from the 90's and there are no rips or tears; it's just a little old looking.
I did read that it's more permeable than vinyl.

chrisberry12

The name Heritage may just be the mill like Irvin Alan or it might be like Spalding. See if you can get a pattern number or something. There are some tear, puncture proof fabrics out there. I will look some up and let you know. I will check my books for this also.

sofadoc

"Perfection is the greatest enemy of profitability" - Mark Cuban

jojo

Thank you Chris. Sofa, this isn't the same stuff. This seems to be outdoor fabric, but the stuff on the table is really super soft, with a smooth almost invisible grain.

Rich

Are you they got the name right? I've been recovering seating for healthcare for many years and have not heard of it.
Rich
Everything's getting so expensive these days, doesn't anything ever stay at the same price? Well the price for reupholstery hasn't changed much in years!