Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
Need Help? Call Us 415-423-3313
  • Welcome to The Upholster.com Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 13, 2024, 12:20:48 pm

News:

Welcome to our new upholstery forum with an updated theme and improved functionality. We welcome your comments and questions to our forum! Visit our main website, Upholster.com, for our extensive supply of upholstery products, instructional information and videos, and much more.

Pfaff 1245 bobbin winder in head

Started by baileyuph, March 14, 2015, 06:21:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

baileyuph

Reading the other post on bobbin winders reminds me to ask a question about the subject machine winding built-in capability, Pfaff 1245.

There is a friction component inside the head of the bobbin winding facility that is (the component that is) coated with some kind of foam coating.  Haven't had time to chase this problem but has anyone already done that and can answer whether the issue is replace or can that friction layer can be restored someway? 

Too add, the conventional winding apparatus driven off the fly wheel belt is much more durable.

Any other experience on the 1245 built-in winder?

Doyle

brmax

This might have something new you could use, as I understand some older models and other new models have a tire of sorts that actually have an inside groove, and like the newer versions just slip over a carrier this making the complete friction wheel.
Now to be honest you must be doing to many "burn outs" but in this situation you have to keep driving!
I seen this part from sharp sewing and believe it can help and or possibly the adjustment of the #2 drive wheel against the tire #3 will be enough for now.

The pdf shows on page 20 and it gave me an idea but nothing like opening the hood of course (good luck on your mission) DB

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOBBIN-WINDER-RUBBER-TIRE-2-EACH-99-137151-45-fits-PFAFF-1245-WALKING-FOOT-/300829002790?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460ace4c26

http://dixiesewingmachine.tzo.com/MANUALS/PFAFFSERVICE/245-1245(11-88.pdf
Good Day There

Darren Henry

Patchers ( shoe repair sewing machines) use the same style of winder. Check with your neighbourhood cobbler.(S)he should have a couple of spares lying about or can get you one with his next shoe findings order.
Life is a short one way trip, don't blow it!Live hard,die young and leave no ill regrets!

baileyuph

Thanks for the information, I didn't realize there was a cross over in equipment between us/them.

Weekend now, I am going to pull the apparatus out of the head and look at it because I didn't realize it had a tire inside?

Been so full of business just haven't had the time to do the needed analysis.  My Pfaff 545 has the conventional bobbin winder - not normally a problem. 

Maybe, since the weather is nice here (is it nice!), that might be something to slip out to the business and look into.

Thanks again,

Doyle

baileyuph

Found the tech manual for my 1245 - quite different.  No rubber tire affair.

Spent about 15 minutes with the manual and made the necessary adjustments.

Back in business.

Simple when you know the answer - usually

Doyle

pasban

The name Heritage may just be the mill like Irvin Alan or it might be like Spalding. See if you can get a pattern number or something. There are some tear, puncture proof fabrics out there. I will look some up and let you know. I will check my books for this also.

Pass4sure comptia security+

brmax

Hey sorry about that link Doyle I did notice it was a 1988 manual.  What does the new model have the half tire or that dang new technalectalon style  :)

baileyuph

This machine is not that old Brmax and had a conical gear that required adjusting.  These machines, sometimes a Pfaff manual is required.

Thanks for you input,

Doyle